PlayStation VR 3D Rudder: Has Anyone Tried It?

MrTacoNinja

I haven't found much info on this item other than "blah blah blah... transforms the VR experience... awesome peripheral and a must-have for VR owners... blah blah blah" from the company and all these YouTube reviewers that get the shit handed to them for free for "review purposes".

To be honest I don't trust companies when it comes to selling their merchandise because they'll tell you anything half the time to get a sale and I don't trust people that get free shit handed to them from developers because, well, likely they'll just praise it from the mountaintops to ensure more free shit in the future continues. It's just so hard to find a reliable, honest review nowadays.

I want to hear the opinions of site members so if you own one (or know of someone that does) please feel free to share your thoughts.

3 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I haven't found much info on this item other than "blah blah blah... transforms the VR experience... awesome peripheral and a must-have for VR owners... blah blah blah" from the company and all these YouTube reviewers that get the shit handed to them for free for "review purposes".

To be honest I don't trust companies when it comes to selling their merchandise because they'll tell you anything half the time to get a sale and I don't trust people that get free shit handed to them from developers because, well, likely they'll just praise it from the mountaintops to ensure more free shit in the future continues. It's just so hard to find a reliable, honest review nowadays.

I want to hear the opinions of site members so if you own one (or know of someone that does) please feel free to share your thoughts.

Huh, never heard of this before, but this would be useful for my room, since it's too small to walk around in. I'm curious what others' opinions are as well. 

I think we might be alone here, left to ponder... or just take the plunge and find out for ourselves. It's not a well-known, popular item, apparently. I've read though that it slips all over the place but another item (due to be released next month and sold separately) called the Ground Gripper has been stated to prevent this. Kind of fucking lame if you ask me that this doesn't come WITH the Rudder. Surely the developers knew about this beforehand so they can fuck right off with this blatant cash grab ploy. Also, $119 dollars? Seriously?! Get the fuck out of here, lol. All PSVR users have ever wanted and asked for was Move controllers with thumbsticks! 

Edited by MrTacoNinja