Trading Trophies?!

tinman_1954

Have a question. Someone contacted me and wanted to know if I would "trade" platinum trophies with them. (???) Never heard of such a thing! Sounds like hacking or cheating to me. Is this some kind of scam  or what? Made me feel very suspicious. I turned down their friend request along with the "trade" request and blocked them. What good is a trophy you didn't earn?! Is this a common occurrence on the internet?

They want you to do trophies for them, and in return, they'll probably want to do some piss-easy trophies for you.

It's a pretty common occurrence, especially if you've done some difficult games recently. My advice is to ignore it.

12 minutes ago, Helyx said:

They want you to do trophies for them, and in return, they'll probably want to do some piss-easy trophies for you.

It's a pretty common occurrence, especially if you've done some difficult games recently. My advice is to ignore it.

I can see helping someone earn trophies like in co-op. I have done that on several occasions. But to earn trophies for someone else to claim as their own. To take credit for earning a trophy that someone else actually earned. This is an acceptable practice? It isn't considered cheating?! OMG what has happened to us?

16 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

How are you going to prove any PS4 trophies on any account weren’t done through Share Play by someone else?

AFAIK, there's no way.

If OP received a message with any phrasing of "Share" or "Play", then that's "ok". To me, "trophy trading" implies a PSN account information exchange.

Are random people messaging you guys asking to Share Play? I've gotten dozens upon dozens of these types of messages over the years, and nobody has ever once mentioned "Share Play" as an option.

4 minutes ago, Helyx said:

If OP received a message with any phrasing of "Share" or "Play", then that's "ok". To me, "trophy trading" implies a PSN account information exchange.

I agree, but it’s assumptions either way. I was just explaining one way it’s considered accepted and not considered cheating, which is through Share Play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

I agree, but it’s assumptions either way.

True. All this is purely speculative. One of my XBOX friends uses the phrase "achievement trading" in the same capacity we use "boosting", so it's possible this could be similar, or perhaps there's a language barrier.

56 minutes ago, Helyx said:

True. All this is purely speculative. One of my XBOX friends uses the phrase "achievement trading" in the same capacity we use "boosting", so it's possible this could be similar, or perhaps there's a language barrier.

The individual who contacted me said nothing about share play or boosting or anything like that. They said I play a game and they play a game and then we both trade trophies back and forth between the two games.