No more better car parts appear for 4500 car performance

martinlastbandit

I'm up against Big Chief for the final jump up the list but I'm stuck at 4065 performance (4260 max with tuning, albeit bad tuning) and keep losing the race day. I have over 200k funds from grinding the (by now annoying) 5 events between but no better parts seem to come up anymore (store or junkyard). Any tips how to beat Big Chief and how to get the 4500 performance trophy?

Thanks for your reply. I have matching single letters in the applicable categories for +5% in each. And I have blue parts that are much higher than the gold ones from the store that are somehow at a Tier 3 max now. But if I had A+B+C+D even if not blue in all those it would be +20% each? I'm in "Episode 14" due to fails beating Race Day but started putting my save on USB and restore, for what it's worth.

Idk re the plat diff because I can't seem to beat the final boss guy even with a 4700 tuned car now (all the ones before are easy). And I probably won't make the trophy for gold in a race without crashes. But for experienced players a 3/10 maybe?
It's a fun game but I think it would deserve a lower price tag by $10 or $20 from the $39.99 I paid at Best Buy online. Graphics are not great, nor are physics and in the between-events you can still do well by bouncing off the walls (unless you get irreversibly stuck). Just look out for swerving during drag events. The voice overdubs sometimes are cringe-worthy, like "take off your shades, doood".
I have no idea who these Street Outlaw guys in the game are. Seems like they are celebrities in a US reality show I've never heard of.
But hey, it's got cars and a level up system. But by Tier 3 it gets repetitive and you wonder what heating your tires and or the start bump advance really does.Then again maybe that's just what you need to beat Big Chief. 

On 01/11/2019 at 4:16 PM, Conker said:

So how is the game  for those who have played it and whats the plat difficulty like?

Sorry I only just saw this, I gave my thoughts a few weeks ago on our podcast. Yes that was a shameless plug. But just incase podcasts haven't reached Tasmania yet ......

The game is a fun loop. You will have to go with me here but it is like the loop on 8 Seconds to Glory. Be it with Cars this time. 2 mini games then a reaction tester and that is each main event. Throw in some destruction events, a few time trials and a pretty basic car / gear levelling system and you have the game. It is maybe 6hrs if you mainline the upgrades, maybe 10 if you screw around a bit. The "grind" is all in the later part of the game Episode 3. Honestly it is nothing amazing but for mindless fun I really enjoyed it. 

Have fun.

• 3 months later...
On 06/11/2019 at 3:27 AM, martinlastbandit said:

And I probably won't make the trophy for gold in a race without crashes.

For anyone struggling to get this, do the following:

Go into Quickplay & Split-screen, then Challenge Race, choose a track you're familiar with. I used Parking Lot, Sprint, 1, Day. 

(I had Car Collision on, but I don't know if this is needed)

Then simply beat the gold time without crashing. Should be fairly easy if you know the track well.

This may take a couple of attempts but it worked for me. I can see why this is the rarest trophy in the game (based on PSN rarity)

• 1 month later...

This game is truly terrible. Like, unconscionably terrible. In fact, there really is no game.

You have 3 mini game events - a simple checkpoint 'race' (there are no other cars, and the course averages about a minute), a ridiculous bullseye jump, and a gate smash track. Rinse and repeat this for several hours, and punctuate it with a drag race event. This features a meaningless rubber burn and line up, that involves a very simple button press and stick balance, then the race. Yeah, and the race itself is pure ass. The cars are unbelievably unstable if not optimally tuned, regardless of how well you shift. In fact, anything less than 50% stability isn't playable. You probably need about 60% stability, even if this sacrifices top speed and acceleration, otherwise you won't be able to make it down the track.

In any case, other than the final drag, your vehicle will be so overpowered it won't matter.

Try to blast through the first two tiers as quickly as possible, avoid the parts challenges, they are a waste of time, and for the love of God, abuse the cloud to back up your save once you reach the season ending races as if you mess up (well, lets be honest, if the horrible controls that are this game decide to fuck you over) you have to repeat the entire season. Even if your opponent is also disqualified, you still lose. And losing those events doesn't just mean you have to repeat the season, but if you lose the subsequent call out you can also get bumped down the list and have to redo the previous season too.

Ugh.

The graphics are a horrible, glitchy mess, the voice over is trash, and the game is awful.

Should have been Street Outhouse: The Shit

• Like 1