Laozuli

[Bugged?] Fount of Knowledge

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

Last night I tried to go for the throphy "Fount of Knowledge" which requires you to get all memory chips. I think I encountered two bugs regarding memory chip 14 and 30. 

• For 14 - Stand By Me - you need to fully level the Waystation North of Mountain Knot and read the email titled " Something Glowing Down in the Crater…". I did both things but the memory chip still did not spawn at the Incinerator West of Lake Knot City. 
  • For 30 - Fused Silica - you need to fully level the Paleontologist who will send you the email “Much Respect to Porters Everywhere!”. I leveled the facility but haven't received any email so the chip would not spawn.

I tried doing extra deliveries and sleeping in the private rooms but still no dice in getting these chips. The only thing I can think of that I did differently then the recommended steps in the throphy guide is leveling up all facilities before finishing the story. 

Did anybody else experience these glitches? 

Edited by Laozuli

I didn't encounter a bug with that trophy. However I had a couple of hours between leveling the facilities to level five and getting the memory chips. Maybe it takes some time for them to send the email.

28 minutes ago, OrderOfOrigin said:

I didn't encounter a bug with that trophy. However I had a couple of hours between leveling the facilities to level five and getting the memory chips. Maybe it takes some time for them to send the email.

I really hope so, I will keep playing in this file anyway for the other remaining throphies but it just strikes me as odd since I leveled up the Paleontologist way before the First Prepper and Mountain Knot City who did send me the email for their memory chips. 

Also regarding chip 14, did I miss a step there since nothing showed up after reading the email. Were you able to pick that up immediately? 

Hi guys, I figured it out. I only focussed on lv the facility asap by doing large cargo run and due to that I was missing some messages from them. After doing more deliveries, they send new mails concerning the story and at the end the one for the chip. 

I didn't do enough deliveries to get to the end of their mails, the lv of the facility itself was irrelevant :)

Found it.

Edited by Jamescush147

Im stuck here! Did you do deliveries FROM him or deliveries TO him? :)  Only chip missing, and ive been maxed on all facilites for a week now.. 

On 20.11.2019 at 6:22 PM, Jamescush147 said:

Found it.

On 18.11.2019 at 7:38 PM, Laozuli said:

Hi guys, I figured it out. I only focussed on lv the facility asap by doing large cargo run and due to that I was missing some messages from them. After doing more deliveries, they send new mails concerning the story and at the end the one for the chip. 

I didn't do enough deliveries to get to the end of their mails, the lv of the facility itself was irrelevant :)

Im stuck here! Did you do deliveries FROM him or deliveries TO him? :)  Only chip missing, and ive been maxed on all facilites for a week now.. 

Only deliveries to him :). You should get new emails after you do a few runs and sleep in the private room. 

Once you get a mail, keep doing more runs to him and the mail chain will continue.

Good luck!