Are dedicated servers up yet for consoles?

Reason i'm wondering is that i see a vastly different ping between games.

Also getting "lost connection with (cant remember)". But that only happens when the killers get bullied so i assume it's a DC from the killers side. I get kicked into the main menu with any further explanation. Atleast now you only loose your offering and not items, addons and rank pips.

Also survivor que times are still atrocious i see. Was hoping that would have been semi solved by now. Averaging 4-5 minutes between games. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Dedicated servers are already being tested on live PC environment. Consoles would come soon.

Ok that explains it. To bad Behavious can't keep promises, since summer is long over and Dedi servers are nowhere to be found on consoles. With every update the game seem to become buggier and buggier. But they certainly have time to release a battle pass and more cosmetics.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Ok that explains it. To bad Behavious can't keep promises, since summer is long over and Dedi servers are nowhere to be found on consoles. With every update the game seem to become buggier and buggier. But they certainly have time to release a battle pass and more cosmetics.

They also said we would have solid 60FPS on console by now. I love playing DBD but the devs are certainly more focused on finding ways to make more money then fixing the many problems the game has

Edited by ClintonLS90
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

2 hours ago, ClintonLS90 said:

They also said we would have solid 60FPS on console by now. I love playing DBD but the devs are certainly more focused on finding ways to make more money then fixing the many problems the game has

To add some arguments, BHVR promise things and they eventually deliver them. If you follow regularly their developer updates and news, transparency is one of the things that I appreciate, even though they tend to fix bugs and create new ones in the future. This is the struggle of a developer. Yes I’d argue about the cosmetics part, but they eventually accomplish their roadmap.

For the Dedicated servers, they couldn’t deliver it as planned for Summer 2019, because the servers weren’t satisfied enough as expected, they had to postpone it to Fall 2019. Once again, in the developer updates, they said that they’d launch a couple of tests on the PTB (this is that they did) then let it on PC live for testing (they did it). Once satisfied of the result, they’re to be launched on consoles.

For the 60 FPS goal, they improved significantly the framerate and it’s 60 FPS the majority of the time, even though sometimes it gets a 30 FPS due to many factors, devs said. It’s much much better than it was a year ago, when it was terrible to play on consoles. One of the biggest factor was the Peer-to-peer connection between consoles, which is demanding to the CPU. When dedicated servers will be live, all consoles will be connected to a data center, thus becoming less demanding to the CPU.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

To add some arguments, BHVR promise things and they eventually deliver them. If you follow regularly their developer updates and news, transparency is one of the things that I appreciate, even though they tend to fix bugs and create new ones in the future. This is the struggle of a developer. Yes I’d argue about the cosmetics part, but they eventually accomplish their roadmap.

For the Dedicated servers, they couldn’t deliver it as planned for Summer 2019, because the servers weren’t satisfied enough as expected, they had to postpone it to Fall 2019. Once again, in the developer updates, they said that they’d lunch a couple of tests on the PTB (this is that they did) then let it on PC live before (they did it). Once satisfied of the result, they’re to be launched on consoles.

For the 60 FPS goal, they improved significantly the framerate and it’s 60 FPS the majority of the time, even though sometimes it gets a 30 FPS due to many factors, devs said. It’s much much better than it was a year ago, when it was terrible to play on consoles. One of the biggest factor was the Peer-to-peer connection between consoles, which is demanding to the CPU. When dedicated servers will be live, all consoles will be connected to a data center, thus becoming less demanding to the CPU.

Yeah the performance feel alot smoother and more stable now compared to 7-8 months ago. Still i just dislike that they prioritize monetizations before quality of life updates.The game costs $, every single DLC costs $ and the premium battlepass costs $. I can't think of another game that is like this. 

I love this game but i get annoyed sometimes because the game could be so much more imo. Another game mode would be awesome but as mentioned by alot of people online it would split the player base and mess even more with que times. Still incredibly excited for the new killer, chase music is intense and he seems really "scary" to play against.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...