(NA) Free Weekend 11/21 - 11/24

i-kicked-a-brit

That is nuts and out of nowhere. Most free weekends allowed users to get trophies on other games so maybe this is no different, though it Is quite the challenge getting the platinum in that short period. People will definitely be able to enjoy the campaign nonetheless. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2019 at 11:43 PM, Tomthehitman91 said:

No trophies have popped for me yet and it isn't showing on the trophy list when I check on the PS4. I assume they must pop once you purchase the game as they will be linked to your online account?

I purchased the game today (disc version, not that it really matters though as the trophy list is not separated between digital and physical), booted it up and played for 10 minutes, then went to check my trophy list (not on my main account, clearly) and it is at 0%. So, by the look of this, I'd say trophies are not retroactive. I'm quite close to the end of the story and I'll try to finish it in the upcoming days. If my theory is correct, then my trophies order is going to be messed up. But I'm doing this for science, so I don't really care. It's an alt account after all. 

Let me know if you have a different experience and you have trophies retroactively unlocking. It might be worth looking into it.

UPDATE: I leveled up (31) as I stopped at level 30 when the trial expired and I got kicked out of the servers. But that didn't unlock anything. Then I went to give Moxxi some money and that unlocked my first trophy, as you can see here: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9641-borderlands-3/CephalonCrash

So, uh...yeah. If you want to avoid getting flagged, I'd STRONGLY SUGGEST restarting the game from a fresh file to earn all trophies in their proper order if you played the game during the Free Weekend. The first trophy you should earn is for reaching level 2 and so on with story-related trophies. More details below for those who played through the game already:

Spoiler

In order to give Moxxi a tip, you need to have gained access to the Sanctuary. And you must already be at level 2 in order to do so. That's why it should be impossible to be able to earn "Tips Appreciated" before "You Got Skills". Because of the free trial instead, and the fact that trophies were locked during that...this is the result.

@MMDE , @B1rvine and the rest of the Cheating Removal team...assuming other players have already messed up and earned trophies not in the correct order after being part of the free trial weekend, will they risk being flagged? Asking just for confirmation, as I assume there are trophy hunters who care about their reputation and, consequently, not being reported/removed from the leaderboards. I took the gamble on my secondary account since I don't really care about trophies in there, I use it to play casually (which is basically the only thing I do these days as I don't really have much time to be dedicated to trophy hunting anymore...).

Edited by crashratchet
Update with more details.

On 03/12/2019 at 8:46 PM, crashratchet said:

I purchased the game today (disc version, not that it really matters though as the trophy list is not separated between digital and physical), booted it up and played for 10 minutes, then went to check my trophy list (not on my main account, clearly) and it is at 0%. So, by the look of this, I'd say trophies are not retroactive. I'm quite close to the end of the story and I'll try to finish it in the upcoming days. If my theory is correct, then my trophies order is going to be messed up. But I'm doing this for science, so I don't really care. It's an alt account after all. 

Let me know if you have a different experience and you have trophies retroactively unlocking. It might be worth looking into it.

UPDATE: I leveled up (31) as I stopped at level 30 when the trial expired and I got kicked out of the servers. But that didn't unlock anything. Then I went to give Moxxi some money and that unlocked my first trophy, as you can see here: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9641-borderlands-3/CephalonCrash

So, uh...yeah. If you want to avoid getting flagged, I'd STRONGLY SUGGEST restarting the game from a fresh file to earn all trophies in their proper order if you played the game during the Free Weekend. The first trophy you should earn is for reaching level 2 and so on with story-related trophies. More details below for those who played through the game already:

Reveal hidden contents

In order to give Moxxi a tip, you need to have gained access to the Sanctuary. And you must already be at level 2 in order to do so. That's why it should be impossible to be able to earn "Tips Appreciated" before "You Got Skills". Because of the free trial instead, and the fact that trophies were locked during that...this is the result.

@MMDE , @B1rvine and the rest of the Cheating Removal team...assuming other players have already messed up and earned trophies not in the correct order after being part of the free trial weekend, will they risk being flagged? Asking just for confirmation, as I assume there are trophy hunters who care about their reputation and, consequently, not being reported/removed from the leaderboards. I took the gamble on my secondary account since I don't really care about trophies in there, I use it to play casually (which is basically the only thing I do these days as I don't really have much time to be dedicated to trophy hunting anymore...).

Ah thanks for the update!

I never purchased the game so have no way of testing it until I do, but from what your saying then it looks like there could be issues with timestamps if a new profile isnt made. Hopefully this thread can be referenced if there are any issues of flags as I'm sure it will be a common issue if lots of people played the free weekend. I will update if I get the game in the near future.

• Like 1