Pre-Owned/Used/2nd Hand PS Vita

Scorp_Wild

Hey all,

I was curious who here (in the US) has purchased their PS Vita pre-owned and what would be considered a good deal?  I checked GameStop and they want $210 for the wi-fi model, which i think is a bit steep, and frankly I don't even like buying games/hardware from them anymore.  I personally like Amazon, but have yet to buy anything pre-owned from a third party on Amazon and am wary of going down that road.

If any of you were in the same boat as me and ended up getting a 2nd hand Vita somewhere, please share your experience with me so that I can try and figure out the best source and a decent price.  I simply can't afford the $300+ a new wi-fi model plus memory card. :unsure:

Thanks in advance for any advice that any of you can give.

Edited by Scorp_Wild

My Vita was pre owned. Won it for $200 total on eBay. It's a black Vita that came with a hard case ($15-20), one 4g memory card and four games. I'm not even sure what the going rate is for used Vita's, but I felt that that price was a ok.

Just be careful if you go the eBay route and only buy from people with 100% feedback.

• Like 1

like I tell alot of people about my Vita deal....my deal was SO worth it.....it was on amazon $172 for the Vita Wifi,Uncharted,Disgaea,Fifa,32gb Memory Card,AR Cards,and Carrying Case there was no way I was gonna see a deal like that again

I am assuming that was from a third party seller on Amazon?  I know I won't utilize 3G, so that is not important to me.  I already have PS+ so I'm really just looking for a wifi Vita and larger memory card.  I actually already have a Vita game on my PS3, Sly Cooper 4.  Its a nice chunk of change and am a bit apprehensive about putting money down on pre-owned hardware, as I've always bought my consoles new.  Thanks all for your input, I do appreciate it. 

$200 with some games/accessories is a pretty fair deal.

Or you can wait for a deal from Toys R Us, Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy for a new PS Vita bundle.  I bought mine with a 16gb card, and Uncharted, for $250 brand new.

If Sony bundled a wifi Vita with Killzone: Mercenary for $250, I'd jump all over that.

Right now is the best time to get a Vita on eBay. Search for the seller worldsbestdeals. They always sell Wifi/3G Vita's in good used condition (I bought a couple of Vita's from them at cheap prices to resell for profit) and they usually go for $170 in auctions. If not, try to look for sellers who are bundling their Vita's with mem cards or games. Vita's will start to go up in price once games and sales numbers improve (I've seen this happen with the 3DS).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I waited for a price drop, maybe now I can get a brand new Vita bundle and even score a game out of the deal, though I don't have much interest in The Walking Dead... Does anyone know if Vita supports Bluetooth wireless headsets? i.e. the Sony Playstation Pulse Elite headset? I think it would be a worth while purchase for that headset if I could use them on both Vita and PS3.  Any info would be great! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...