The Emperor's Wrath on 2.0

Can someone explain to me how I can complete 10 Investigations (campaign missions) on The Eye of Terror (+10) difficulty?

I guess I need to grind the regular missions and leave investigations for later because it's not possible to replay the campaign.

Do I need to reach the 100 level then and grind a little bit there to be able to do enough damage to complete them?

Because now I'm 57 and it's impossible to do even in local co-op.

The easiest method I know of:

Find a friend, and have them make a new character. That new character gets to level 5 and opens up multiplayer (over internet, local won't do). That low level character hosts and does the story campaign at Eye of Terror (+10) difficulty. You'll need a high level (60+) character to join, as even though missions will start at 15, they will still have the -99% damage and +XX% damage taken modifiers. The low level person won't be helping much.

The alternative is that priority assignments are investigations and have difficulty ratings still. You'll need to level up and acquire suitable gear.

(Regular random missions stop increasing in difficulty at 70.)

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

just got this, easiest way for me since i already had a Crusader i simply created a new crusader and named him when asked if you wanna skip tutorial missions do so and when you click play you'll be level 5 and ready to start the relay mission.

Simply do the relay mission on easy, then the new system opens with 3 investigations, find the one named frozen wasteland and change difficulty to eye of terror. When mission starts simply head to mission objective avoiding enemies. When the mission complete pops up press the touchpad to go back to the bridge.

Simply exit to main menu and delete the character you just made, now make a new one and rinse and repeat. Takes about an hour to do all this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7-7-2020 at 3:31 PM, KAdamsy1 said:

just got this, easiest way for me since i already had a Crusader i simply created a new crusader and named him when asked if you wanna skip tutorial missions do so and when you click play you'll be level 5 and ready to start the relay mission.

Simply do the relay mission on easy, then the new system opens with 3 investigations, find the one named frozen wasteland and change difficulty to eye of terror. When mission starts simply head to mission objective avoiding enemies. When the mission complete pops up press the touchpad to go back to the bridge.

Simply exit to main menu and delete the character you just made, now make a new one and rinse and repeat. Takes about an hour to do all this.

This still works, BUT you dont need to create a new character at all.... All you need to do is when you get to the target on that mission, after the cutscene, DONT press touchpad to go back to bridge. INSTEAD you close the whole game. Startup the game and you can start the Frozen Wastland level again. This is faster since you wont have to do that Relay Station level.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Worked for me 2022-Feb (playing PS4 version on PS5)

Just making it clear ?

• Start new character (same as one you have already).
  • Skip tutorial (puts you on the bridge @ level 5).
  • Complete Relay Station mission.
  • Start Frozen Wastelands mission on Eye of Terror (+10) difficulty (Starmap - Aethon System - Iona V).
  • run to the objective without engaging enemies, (easily done).
  • DO NOT complete the mission, (by using the touchpad) on reaching objective.
  • Click options button when success is triggered if you want to check in game trophy progress within the menu, (1/10).
  • Exit the game via your PS button and close the application.
  • Relaunch game.
  • Rinse and repeat 9 more times.
  • Trophy!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone happens to want another easy way to get this, you can pretty much play normally as the Tech Adept (if you have the DLC) once you've unlocked the Kastellan robots. As long as you don't throw yourself in harms way and have properly invested your passives in Construct Offense/Defense, you will breeze past the highest difficulty. I just knocked it out with a level 30ish Tech Adept.

Resetting the game constantly on the easy level works but if you happen to be working on some of the DLC trophies too like racking up Kastellan kills you can probably save some time.