Australian Saints Row 4 Incompatible With International Version

Azaan60

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/06/co-op-in-australian-saints-row-iv-incompatible-with-rest-of-the-world

Aussies hoping to play Saints row IV with overseas friends are out of luck, because the co-op mode in the modified Australian version will be incompatible with versions played by the rest of the world.

According to a post on the official Saints Row IV Facebook Page, the omission of a particular 'loyalty' program which featured depictions of 'alien narcotics' is the cause of the issue.

"For this [Australian] version," the post reads, "we had to cut one optional Loyalty Mission from the game. Loyalty Missions are optional side missions that you can do with your homies. This mission in particular involves alien narcotics in the simulation, which eventually have a positive effect in terms of gameplay. As you cannnot depict any positive effect for using narcotics in video games in Australia, this was the reason the game was refused a classification.

While we are very proud of all our different missions, we do feel that Saints Row IV on the whole remains largely the same without this single optional mission, and we also feel that you deserve to know what you are getting in Australia. Due to the changes we were forced to make, this version is different than the version rated by rating boards like the ESRB, USK, and PEGI, which is why it will be incompatible with those versions in co-op." The news is hopefully the coda to the battle Saints Row IV fought to get classified in Australia. Neighboring New Zealand, meanwhile, will receive the full, unedited version.

Well that sucks for anyone living in Australia who wants to get SR4 

Yeah..... now this motivates me to import it.

Here are the benefits of importing it for me:

• It costs much less overseas.
  • I get an unedited version.
  • I can play with anyone around the world.
  • I won't be supporting the ACB buying this game here.