Spray and Pray - in-depth guide and explanations

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is great info & I got the trophy first try with that setup as well as an additional damage boosting equip (the one that gave +10 to all elements). The thing is though, it popped when my character got hit with the dud bomb. The whole thing was very wtf but it actually went down like that. I don't have rev 2 so I dunno if that works with that version, but it felt like another small optimisation in any case.

mCWEDCa.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

This is great info & I got the trophy first try with that setup as well as an additional damage boosting equip (the one that gave +10 to all elements). The thing is though, it popped when my character got hit with the dud bomb. The whole thing was very wtf but it actually went down like that. I don't have rev 2 so I dunno if that works with that version, but it felt like another small optimisation in any case.

mCWEDCa.jpg

Ok wow so it is confirmed that the trophy pops if you manage to inflict 1000 damage to yourself included ?

Good to know, nice discovery! Means I needed to lower my defense even further, because I tried the bomb on me first and the trophy did not pop. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

Ok wow so it is confirmed that the trophy pops if you manage to inflict 1000 damage to yourself included 1f602.png

Good to know, nice discovery! Means I needed to lower my defense even further, because I tried the bomb on me first and the trophy did not pop. 

Yeah man talk about a happy accident. It makes sense your defence was much higher with the 18 purple orbs, I went ahead with the process pretty much as soon as I unlocked class 2/Dud bomb & just had the bare minimum orbs outlined in your post. Thanks for posting that build & the consumables after throwing the bomb tip (something so specific after a lot of vague stuff in the game was refreshing). That was just perfect & it helped out almost 2 years later. Much appreciated ?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/20/2019 at 6:13 PM, Copanele said:

Hi all,

As I noticed, most people have issues with this particular trophy. Spray and Pray consists in inflicting 1000 damage in one combo in MOM mode. The issue with this trophy is that it's very tough to inflict 1000 damage from one combo (unless you are a Guilty Gear god). 

There are several guides on the internet and even on this subthread, I found an "easier" method to get this trophy compared to hunting down Jam as most videos state (since she is like a chipmunk on coffeine). Also I will try to explain how I did it based on my experience with this pain in the ass trophy.

WHAT YOU NEED:

1. S Drive, Exciter and Dud? skills. S Drive is quite easy to find in the first levels of the MOM mode, Exciter can be farmed from Sin, however Dud? Bomb can be taken only from May in Rank 2. So yeah, grinding is required, but you need that anyway in order to even reach 1000 points of damage. No worries, it's not that bad, maybe an afternoon of playing.

2. Damage based accessories : What I used was Swordsman's Gauntlet(increases attack) and Crowned Ring(increases attack power when HP is full). They just stack on the fire damage that you will need later on. 

3. A healing skill. In case you take damage, a healing skill is required for Crowned Ring. If you have more than a full bar of life you are safe.

4. Level up the minimum required for the items and the Dud? bomb and Crowned Ring and after that put all your future points in Strength Score. If possible, do not buy items at all, only Score items (that increase your level). You will need a minimum of 23 red orbs, 5 blue orbs, 5 purple orbs and 18 yellow orbs. At the first rank these will not cost that much, be warned that the cost increases while you advance through the ranks.

My final stats were : 26 red orbs(minimum required for 1000 damage),6 blue orbs, 18 purple orbs(not required) and 18 yellow orbs. I picked Sol as my main but I believe any character works.

Hey man, I did all of this and I was not able to get the 1000 damage, the only difference between my build and the one you put is that I don't have the crowned ring, but other than that my stats are much higher too that the ones you recommended.

Do you by any chance remember where to find the crowned ring? I scoured the Wikis and I wasnt able to find any information about any of the items in the game. 

Thanks!! 

14 minutes ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

Hey man, I did all of this and I was not able to get the 1000 damage, the only difference between my build and the one you put is that I don't have the crowned ring, but other than that my stats are much higher too that the ones you recommended.

Do you by any chance remember where to find the crowned ring? I scoured the Wikis and I wasnt able to find any information about any of the items in the game. 

Thanks!! 

My memory is super hazy, but I believe I bought the ring? Been quite a while, sorry ?

If not, it should drop from basic enemies.

11 minutes ago, Copanele said:

My memory is super hazy, but I believe I bought the ring? Been quite a while, sorry 1f605.png

If not, it should drop from basic enemies.

its not available in the shop, but it's okay I think I just need to grind enough to get the Dud to level 2 and then use it against Ky who is 40% weak against fire. Ill make a more detailed post here if it works! 

FINALLY!!

I managed to get it, here are my stats: 

Level 63: 35 red, 5 blue, 5 purple, 18 yellow

If you follow the method posted, it is pretty good except that getting the ring is tough, so if u cant get it then you will need 35 red in order to get the extra damage and the Dud to level 2. But even that is not enough, you need the Heat Gauntlents dropped from Potemkin 2-A. 

After that, perform the same thing that Copanele does, but instead, do it against KY-2A, he has -40 fire resistance, and is much easier to catch rather than Jam. 

And one tip, the higher stage you are on, the more medals you will earn from wins, so try to keep a streak going. 

ALTERNATIVE METHOD: 

There is also an alt method, basically you will wanna do the same thing Copanele mentioned, but you dont have to have as good stats and instead focus on building up your streak, the higher stage you are on, the more health enemies will have, I am not sure how many stages are required, but you can get that Axl-1A who has -70 fire resistance to have 1000+ health. I am not sure how long this takes tho so idk whats better or worse. This method will still require lots of play tho and getting to at least Rank 2 seems like a requirement. Unfourantly there is very little information about this game mode online so idk what a lot of items do! 

FINAL THOUGHTS: 

The post by Copanele is excellent, but the massive problem is with getting the ring item he mentioned as it seems luck based, I am not sure if the Heat Gauntlents are as good as the ring, but with my stats, and the Heat Gauntlents and Copanele's method, I managed to get the trophy. 

I hope this helps someone! And thank u Copanele for the post!

• Like 1

Big thanks @cm-PUNK2000 for the contribution ?yes probably i should have mentioned how to get that stupid ring, did not think to write it down, maybe I should reinstall the game.

Just a mention, I did NOT fight Jam, but Axl-2A. Jam was awful to catch for me. Apparently you can inflict all that damage to yourself as well and it will count. 

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Big thanks @cm-PUNK2000 for the contribution 1f601.pngyes probably i should have mentioned how to get that stupid ring, did not think to write it down, maybe I should reinstall the game.

Just a mention, I did NOT fight Jam, but Axl-2A. Jam was awful to catch for me. Apparently you can inflict all that damage to yourself as well and it will count. 

I think you got it from a random drop, there are drops that some characters are guaranteed to eventually drop like Rank 2 May dropping Dud bombs, but sometimes you also get a small chance to have another item dropped, and those items rotate at random and cannot be bought. I can't really confirm what I am saying because of the lack of information about this game online, the only thing I can confirm that I have not seen others mention is the Heat Gauntlets that Rank 2 Potemkin drops, they give like +15 fire dmg. 

I do hope that someday someone makes a proper M.O.M guide mentioned all the items, what they do etc, but I imagine it would take hundreds of hours to research lol