(spoiler of all games) Uncharted thoughts. Yes I know the game is old.

7 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

It's especially baffling when you consider that the remastered trilogy was released a year before Uncharted 4 but Uncharted 4 doesn't have brutal difficulty, like it was added to the remasters for... reasons or something.

Possibly added to get people to buy them again even if they'd platted them on the PS3.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nombre_en_uso867 said:

Now that you mention stealth...

I don't know what they tried to do with stealth. I could never take all the thugs down without being spotted. It's just really hard, if not impossible. There's always an asshole watching the entire area from above (for example, the U2 lazarovich camp section, where you had to activate the explosives). Stealth sucks on those games. In U3 I noticed an improvement but it's very far from perfect. 

Yeah the stealth is terrible/broken in the first two games. The first two games at the very least are best played as the third person shooting games they sell themselves on being. Yep.

Maybe is that I'm used to the Arkham stealth sections?

That isn't an entirely fair comparison. Something more fitting are games with stealth elements implemented, which some have definitely done well. Can't think of any examples in linear video games at the moment, as i'm too used to open-world games, racers, and platformers recently.

Holy crap that looks fun as hell (and OP as fuck but who cares, it looks GOOD).

I'm planning to play Bioshock someday, but Dishonored looks lit dude, I'm adding that game to my list thank you

It is. It looks OP because, behind the scenes, among upgraded abilities the player has been restoring some of their energy in-between/before some of their actions. Someone familiar with the game can actually hear the sound effects of the energy restoration elixirs being used. The player disabled the HUD, so, visibly, you can't tell. I assume this was done for maximum immersion and "coolness", in which case it works.

I've only played Bioshock 2, which people say is the worse in the series. I don't know, but I'll play the rest sometime next year. (Funny thing is I tried playing both it and SOMA, but the mood wasn't right.) Prey is another similar-ish sci-fi game to Bioshock which I actually plan to play relatively soon. I'd rather do Bs first since it's older, but oh well. Dishonored is a fantastic series. When the first game launched it won and was especially nominated for a ton of awards. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Feral said:

Possibly added to get people to buy them again even if they'd platted them on the PS3.

I don't really know if people would buy the games again for higher difficulty and speedrun trophies, but I can still kind of see where you're coming from.

3 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

I don't really know if people would buy the games again for higher difficulty and speedrun trophies, but I can still kind of see where you're coming from.

Yeah I'm doubtful about it myself but add those in with improved graphics and it's enough for some people to re-buy them.

7 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

That isn't an entirely fair comparison. Something more fitting are games with stealth elements implemented, which some have definitely done well. Can't think of any examples in linear video games at the moment, as i'm too used to open-world games, racers, and platformers recently.

Uhmm... Yeah, neither can I.

7 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

I've only played Bioshock 2, which people say is the worse in the series

I'm not gonna listen to people talking shit about a game being the worse in the series anymore. They said that GoW Ascension was the worst, and I really enjoyed that game more than the PSP ones (which weren't bad though), and had no problem of playing it thrice.

8 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Dishonored is a fantastic series. When the first game launched it won and was especially nominated for a ton of awards

I'm gonna give it a go, not because it won a ton of awards, but because it looks real fine

So, I'm thinking on finishing U2 and U3 on Crushing, but I can't earn the plat since I didn't earn the MP trophies. Is it worth trying?

On 12/22/2019 at 10:11 PM, nombre_en_uso867 said:

Uhmm... Yeah, neither can I.

Actually, the stealth itself isn't really what's broken... It's the A.I. that's really bad (e.g., enemies being fixed in one spot without movement when left alone, enemies being stuck in one continuously short loop that players are obviously not meant to witness during their playtime, etc), which negatively affects the stealth. The stealth has its flaws as well (e.g., movement sounds not giving away position at all, no silenced weapons, etc), but the A.I. is on a level of its own, having even made its way to a separate IP: The Last of Us.

That said, I was referring to last gen games—I know some examples from current gen—as the Uncharted games are last gen games. Technically, one example would be a game such as Crysis 2 (not sure about Crysis 3, since it's been a while). In the game, entire sections can be skipped when played stealthily, there are actually silenced weapons and multiple at that, generally more opportunities to be stealthily because of better environmental design, etc. 

I'm not gonna listen to people talking shit about a game being the worse in the series anymore. They said that GoW Ascension was the worst, and I really enjoyed that game more than the PSP ones (which weren't bad though), and had no problem of playing it thrice.

I stopped that many years ago, especially online. People have a very disgusting habit of exaggerating details, cons and pros, among other things when making statements.

So, I'm thinking on finishing U2 and U3 on Crushing, but I can't earn the plat since I didn't earn the MP trophies. Is it worth trying?

The online servers for both games are offline, so it shouldn't work.

Edited by EcoShifter