Pizza Party/ Great people Help

False_Gix

So I have been trying pizza party for a while now, probably about a dozen attempts.  I just can not get the people to spawn! And I really don't understand how the game decides how many of them there will be.  I have tried playing on huge maps because I heard that will help increase the number spawned but will only get 2-3 of a certain Era before it moves on to the next.  And last night I had only ONE renaissance engineer spawn.  Which is ridiculous because i literally rushed straight to industrial zones tech and built 6 of them!  I recruited two engineers before any other civ even started producing engineer points!  No one had even reached renaissance era tech and yet after recruiting ONE renaissance engineer (who of course was not Leonardo) it was already moved on to industrial era. 

So what can we do to get more great people to spawn??

On 25/12/2019 at 11:50 PM, False_Gix said:

So I have been trying pizza party for a while now, probably about a dozen attempts.  I just can not get the people to spawn! And I really don't understand how the game decides how many of them there will be.  I have tried playing on huge maps because I heard that will help increase the number spawned but will only get 2-3 of a certain Era before it moves on to the next.  And last night I had only ONE renaissance engineer spawn.  Which is ridiculous because i literally rushed straight to industrial zones tech and built 6 of them!  I recruited two engineers before any other civ even started producing engineer points!  No one had even reached renaissance era tech and yet after recruiting ONE renaissance engineer (who of course was not Leonardo) it was already moved on to industrial era. 

So what can we do to get more great people to spawn??

Try on Settler difficulty, Small Map, Abundant Resources, Legendary Starting Location, Continents, No Turn Limit, Online Speed, No Winning Condition, No Barbarians.

Play as Togo and have America as your only opponent.

Rush to get the Tech to build the Industrial District, the Civic to build the Cultural District and the Tech to build The Forbidden Palace (gives you a bonus wildcard slot).

Build HEAPS of cities with maxed out cultural and industrial districts for as many cultural and industrial Great People points as possible.

Check to see what era the Great People spawn in and make sure not to advance your civic or science to the next era until you have the required great person.

Once you have all the Great People needed switch to producing an army and capture New York.

Edited by reiner-

4 hours ago, reiner- said:

Try on Settler difficulty, Small Map, Abundant Resources, Legendary Starting Location, Continents, No Turn Limit, Online Speed, No Winning Condition, No Barbarians.

Play as Togo and have America as your only opponent.

Rush to get the Civic to build the Industrial District, the Tech to build the Science District and the Tech to build The Forbidden Palace (gives you a bonus wildcard slot).

Build HEAPS of cities with maxed out science and industrial districts for as many science and industrial Great People points as possible.

Check to see what era the Great People spawn in and make sure not to advance your civic or science to the next era until you have the required great person.

Once you have all the Great People needed switch to producing an army and capture New York.

I assume that you mean to build theatres instead of science right to get michel angelo and donatello?  Or is science helpful for getting great people in general for some reason?

The reason so few Great People are spawning in each era is because you are rushing through the eras by unlocking tech. A new era begins when you research a tech from that new era.

Play as America, with one opponent. Keep settling cities until you get New York. Build theatre squares in every city, and a couple of industrial zones. Check which era the Great People spawn in and when you reach those eras, make sure that you research every tech before you advance to the next era otherwise you risk missing people out. Make a save before you reach the first key era.

A strong supply of faith may also help in case you need to buy any Great People. Building the Oracle will assist with this too. Don’t pass on any GP in case your opponent doesn’t accept them.

Edited by g-bake_1986

5 hours ago, False_Gix said:

I assume that you mean to build theatres instead of science right to get michel angelo and donatello?  Or is science helpful for getting great people in general for some reason?

Yes, sorry. I have edited my post.

Once you have rushed to the civic to build the Industrial District and also have the Cultural District go back and research all the older techs\civics as to not advance any further. Once you have a heap of cities that have Industrial and Culture Districts you will be acquiring plenty of Great People points. They will all spawn during the Renaissance era so just keep all the tech and civics from advancing past this era.

The problem with playing as America is that sometimes New York does not become a city. Twice I played as America and built over 10 cities and not one was New York which was confusing.

Also having a government that has 2 slots to put Great People cards in (the purple ones) will help too.

Most governments early on only have one of these slots but building the Forbidden Palace will give you that extra one.

Edited by reiner-

On 12/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, reiner- said:

Yes, sorry. I have edited my post.

Once you have rushed to the civic to build the Industrial District and also have the Cultural District go back and research all the older techs\civics as to not advance any further. Once you have a heap of cities that have Industrial and Culture Districts you will be acquiring plenty of Great People points. They will all spawn during the Renaissance era so just keep all the tech and civics from advancing past this era.

The problem with playing as America is that sometimes New York does not become a city. Twice I played as America and built over 10 cities and not one was New York which was confusing.

Also having a government that has 2 slots to put Great People cards in (the purple ones) will help too.

Most governments early on only have one of these slots but building the Forbidden Palace will give you that extra one.

Well it took a couple tries but I finally got your method to work.  Playing as Kongo really helped crank out those great people.  If you go straight to industrial zone tech you can start getting engineers around turn 75 so at least it is quick to see whether you are going to get leonardo.  The first couple times I still only got one renaissance engineer but eventually I did get two in one game and the second was leonardo.  So it still takes some luck but this set up makes it go pretty quick so only like an hour per attempt as opposed to 3 hours or so per attempt that I tried before

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best tip for all of these trophies is the following:

When you're in the era that a certain great person you need spawns in, buy the current great person slot holder and see who follows afterwards. If it is not the great person you're looking for, reload the game, advance one round and repeat. You should have the great person you want to spawn in the slot after 4 to 5 of these rounds max. Makes a lot of these trophies a hell lot easier.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
I did research and prepare for this since it looks really hard, but ended up way too easy with 2 back up plans not even use. (1st try, 5 time loading games for RNG)
You dont need back up plan if you have expansion, but if you playing vanilla, you might need it.
This is more likely summary of all comments from all forums including this, and here is what I did in detail.

Settler Difficulty
Largest Map with only 1 opponent Congo (no religion opponent, and huge map, you can finish before you meet him, and able to make most of the wonder)
24 City State -- you want the Production boost city state, the 1st unit can find 6~10 city state before Renaissance
Abundant Resources
Legendary Starting Location
No Turn limit
Online speed
No winning condition
No Barbarians

Tech select only 3, ignore rest, automatically selected in between
     -- Astrology first (if you find the natural wonder a few turns after this, load game and you can wait until get boost by select different tech,
                                otherwise dont wait too much)
     -- Apprenticeship 2nd 
     -- Printing 3rd for Forbidden Palace

Since you are playing online speed with no campus, get as much Eureka boost as possible until Renaissance Era, then slow down after
        If you get the Great scientist, make 1 campus, otherwise it is really important No Campus

Online speed first era ends in turn 30, and you are likely get behind from tech tree stand point even you get the boost,  
        but you will be able to get Printing before Renaissance and that's all you need.
        After that, select the old technology try not to advance era.
        if and only if you could not get Printing before Renaissance Era
        and ended up loading, use Governor Pingala for your 3rd governor *** likely no need him, but just in case

Civic select only 4, ignore rest, automatically selected in between
      -- Mysticism for Oracle 1st
      -- Political Philosophy 2nd
      -- Drama And Poetry 3rd
      -- Humanism 4th  --  you will likely get 5~10 turns before Renaissance starts, once you get this, build museum as soon as possible.
         After you build 4 theaters and easy to get Theorogy for 1~2 turn go for it, but otherwise just aim Humanism since it is higher priority.
         Once you get those, select all old civic to not advance era
         Do not forget assign +2 Artist and +2 Engineer Card in your slot

Pantheons  --- 15% Wonder Boost      (this will accumulate way enough point for back up plan, build wonder as many as possible)
Religion    --- +4 point from Wonder  (this will accumulate way enough point for back up plan), 2nd one, choose whatever you want
Government -- Classical Republic for +15% GP boost, do NOT change after that, get Forbidden Palace for 2nd wild card slot.

Load 1 turn before saved data works for RNG, this is for New York, World Congress (expansion only), and Great Artist or Great Engineer.

Save game on Turn 1 or 1 turn before 4th city, and Turn 74 (you want to use all VOTE on turn 75)
For my case, build first 4 cities and if the New York did not show up, load from Turn 1 (needed 2 tries here)
or you can save 1 turn before build 4th city, and next turn build city, if it is not New York, load from previous turn.

Make sure each city distance has 3 blank, or 4 due to the river location. since this is for achievement, you do NOT need 6 distance
you want total 6 cities
do NOT create any unit except 1st worker and settlers ,  if you need worker buy it with Gold, if you need caravan, buy it with Gold.
Because of that, select governor Magnus then Reyna, then boost Reyna until tax collector, then you can select anyone you want after that.

When you create district, focus on the district structure also.

1st City -- Worker, Settlerx3, Commercial, Oracle or Hanging Garden, Settlerx2, Industrial, then remaining Wonders and if you get extra slot, Holy

2nd city -- Stonehenge, Commercial, Oracle or Hanging Garden, Holy, then remaining Wonders, if you can not build wonder, district, or building, do Project for Money.

3~6 city including NewYork -- Industrial & Theater (use worker to chop off wood, get resource to speed up Industrial) then Wonder

if you get money, always buy worker to chop resource first, then mining, irrigation for money, and helping make wonder or district
For Water Mill / Granary / Monument,  after you build industrial and if it only take 1~2 turns, build it, otherwise buy it with Gold.
If the city can not create any building / wonder / district,   pomp up into the Project for Money or Great Engineer for +1 district boost

Turn 74 -- Most important Turn, make sure you save it (if you dont have expansion, ignore this, you still have back up plans)
Turn 75,   World Congress, Make sure you  VOTE 5 for Great Artist boost 100% since Congo will vote 4 on Great General, 
           if the Great People boost does not show up, load from turn 74.(needed 3 try here for my case)

You have 4 Theater with Museum and 4~5 industrial (if city got enough population to make 3rd one, or from great engineer) before Renaissance, 
with Oracle and Forbidden Palace, +100% Great Artist Boost from Vote + 15%GP boost from government,  you are ready as ready as ready you can be.
You will likely get all 4 Artists and 3 Engineers including Mike, Don, Leo, as is without back up plans.
Yet in case you missed some progress, or you are playing Vanilla, you still have 2 back up plans so just make sure build Museum x4. 

Back up plan 1, PROJECT, PROJECT, PROJECT. Stop building and make all cities do PROJECT.  Do the Project to get Great Person point
Back up plan 2, From Wonders, you should have enough religion point to buy Artist or Engineer even you only have 1~2 holy site
                save 1 turn before purchase Great Artist or Great Engineer, if the Mike, Don, Leo not showing next, load from previous turn for RNG

• Like 1