Issue with Trophy Sync??

NoMoreUpdates

On 12/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, NoMoreUpdates said:

Yeah I figured that might be it.
Well I will just risk it I guess haha 

Trophies sync reliably, and right on queue. I did not want to answer until I confirmed indeed all trophies work. It is a pretty fun game, and I only one time did I find a bug that forced me to restart due to the shotgun having ammo, but when switched to says its 0 and will not shoot. I did indeed pick up ammo and still it did not fix it. I believe it was caused by me switching weapons or running out of ammo at the same time I was picking up ammo. A minor glitch is sometimes (very rarely, and after a long 3 or 4 hours) the Mech Skulls (Spiders) get stuck in a wall or something and they can still be shot, but they are visually next to the their hurtbox. If they don't flash red when you shoot them then just save them for last because the shield icon that pops up above the last enemy will be above the spot to shoot. (Hurtbox). It's a fun, old school game. I'd rate it at least a 7 maybe 8 it's well made. Difficulty for trophy wise probably a 5 or 6 if you're into these types of games maybe even 4, but if you do not like the idea of playing for at least two or three hours and dying close to 60 and having to basically do the whole trophy list again then it's not for you. 

Edited by masonsmitty937
  • Like 4

On 12/31/2019 at 11:49 AM, masonsmitty937 said:

Trophies sync reliably, and right on queue. I did not want to answer until I confirmed indeed all trophies work. It is a pretty fun game, and I only one time did I find a bug that forced me to restart due to the shotgun having ammo, but when switched to says its 0 and will not shoot. I did indeed pick up ammo and still it did not fix it. I believe it was caused by me switching weapons or running out of ammo at the same time I was picking up ammo. A minor glitch is sometimes (very rarely, and after a long 3 or 4 hours) the Mech Skulls (Spiders) get stuck in a wall or something and they can still be shot, but they are visually next to the their hurtbox. If they don't flash red when you shoot them then just save them for last because the shield icon that pops up above the last enemy will be above the spot to shoot. (Hurtbox). It's a fun, old school game. I'd rate it at least a 7 maybe 8 it's well made. Difficulty for trophy wise probably a 5 or 6 if you're into these types of games maybe even 4, but if you do not like the idea of playing for at least two or three hours and dying close to 60 and having to basically do the whole trophy list again then it's not for you. 

Awesome, thank you so much for the very detailed reply!! Yeah it kind of looks like it would play like Doom so I'm definitely down for that. I don't mind having to restart games over and over lol all a part of trophy hunting ya know. I will go ahead and buy it then! Did you enjoy doing it??

1 hour ago, NoMoreUpdates said:

Awesome, thank you so much for the very detailed reply!! Yeah it kind of looks like it would play like Doom so I'm definitely down for that. I don't mind having to restart games over and over lol all a part of trophy hunting ya know. I will go ahead and buy it then! Did you enjoy doing it??

I enjoyed the game very much. The controls are laid out clearly, so right away I pretty much knew what to do. It did almost feel like a game more for pc, or at least geared towards playing on keyboard and mouse. I do not play on keyboard and mouse, so I had to turn up my sensitivity to at least half the max. I say it seemed like it was for KB+M due to the air grapple mechanic. Grapples are everywhere and your equivalent of a dodge. Ideally you would spend most of the time in the air while taking potshots in between the grapples. This is painful precise for a controller. I dealt with this by playing very patiently and doing circles (pretty much the whole map usually) to horde them up and kill anyone I can with the pistol. Anyways, what I guess I'm trying to say is once you know what's going to happen (The waves are predetermined not random btw) even the boss waves which seem impossible at first with a little thought about how can prevent your last death from happening again are very easy just drawn out. The game somewhat slowly introduces stuff which is nice especially for the first time you get to each new thing whether it's a new gun, enemy, crazy arena, or the sheer number of some waves. The healing is limited to 80hp (20hpx4packs) every 10 waves so you still have to stay on your toes. It's a real adrenaline inducing game. Long story made longer yes and when someone else gets the plat then I will play again to improve my score and try to get there at a faster pace too.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 10:38 AM, masonsmitty937 said:

I enjoyed the game very much. The controls are laid out clearly, so right away I pretty much knew what to do. It did almost feel like a game more for pc, or at least geared towards playing on keyboard and mouse. I do not play on keyboard and mouse, so I had to turn up my sensitivity to at least half the max. I say it seemed like it was for KB+M due to the air grapple mechanic. Grapples are everywhere and your equivalent of a dodge. Ideally you would spend most of the time in the air while taking potshots in between the grapples. This is painful precise for a controller. I dealt with this by playing very patiently and doing circles (pretty much the whole map usually) to horde them up and kill anyone I can with the pistol. Anyways, what I guess I'm trying to say is once you know what's going to happen (The waves are predetermined not random btw) even the boss waves which seem impossible at first with a little thought about how can prevent your last death from happening again are very easy just drawn out. The game somewhat slowly introduces stuff which is nice especially for the first time you get to each new thing whether it's a new gun, enemy, crazy arena, or the sheer number of some waves. The healing is limited to 80hp (20hpx4packs) every 10 waves so you still have to stay on your toes. It's a real adrenaline inducing game. Long story made longer yes and when someone else gets the plat then I will play again to improve my score and try to get there at a faster pace too.

Oh cool! Thanks for the info! Yeah I'm going to just go for the plat and then call it a day haha I'm not worried about score or anything like that, but all of this was good to know! How difficult do you think it is to make it to wave 60 on a scale of 1-10??

1 hour ago, NoMoreUpdates said:

Oh cool! Thanks for the info! Yeah I'm going to just go for the plat and then call it a day haha I'm not worried about score or anything like that, but all of this was good to know! How difficult do you think it is to make it to wave 60 on a scale of 1-10??

I'd say from 4-6/10. More towards 4 if you played Doom or Quake a decent bit, but even if you have not played something like this, then probably a 6. I think everyone could get this platinum as long as you don't get motion sickness from running in circles. The running in circles is really unavoidable. I just pause for a second or two if my eyes need to adjust or something like that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, masonsmitty937 said:

I'd say from 4-6/10. More towards 4 if you played Doom or Quake a decent bit, but even if you have not played something like this, then probably a 6. I think everyone could get this platinum as long as you don't get motion sickness from running in circles. The running in circles is really unavoidable. I just pause for a second or two if my eyes need to adjust or something like that.

Fantastic! I'll get started on it sooner ASAP!! Thank you so much!!?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...