Any good?

MMDE

This is a visual novel, and there's not a lot of gameplay to it. There's no branching paths, I don't think any alternative dialogue and no actual choices, just sometimes being able to select which order to explore areas. You can even set it to auto-scroll, though, it uses quite a bit of time, as the entire game is voiced, and it wants to play entire sound when auto scrolling before going to the next piece of dialogue. Unlike a lot of other visual novels, this one is 3D. Characters move around and you can select on a map sometimes where to explore, basically the order you explore the areas etc. I doubt it makes any difference, and there's no trophies related to order or anything like that. If you let it auto scroll with the dialogue etc, the game takes like a bit over 3 hours maybe. The game just wouldn't progress several times on me, at the end of chapters when a trophy unlocked. Then it would just not allow me to do anything and nothing would happen. Luckily, game auto saves, so not an issue.

The story is about you coming to a Christian church (in Japan I guess), and stuff doesn't turn out to be like they first appear. As many VN, some dark stuff happens.

The game has a strange art style, which will likely turn off some people, but I thought it was fine.

If you like being told a half-interesting and quite different story, and get some few trophies at the same time, it's a pretty okay game. I would make sure I got it on sale/cheap though, as you can really just watch a playthrough of the game online. I know I streamed the entire thing, but you don't get the trophies then.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I really liked it. Takes about an hour for all the introductions of the characters, setting, so forth to be done and then it gets more interesting. The visuals are certainly something very different but in a good way. If you are someone open to VNs, even if the only VNs you can play are "Adventure game" VNs (VNs that break up novel sections with some manner of gameplay), then you should be happy with this I'd say. It is just 3 hours which is all the length it needs and it tells a good story.