kanzenchaos

Is it the worst game to start the series?

10 posts in this topic

So I've never played the Ratchet & Clank games before, bought this since it came with 2 games. Played through the first world and tbh it is kinda boring, as it is more focused in tower defense.

 

Did I start with the worst game in the series? Is Deadlocked better than this? (comes bundled with it)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full Frontal Assault is a spin-off

 

Deadlocked is the 4th in the series, and not considered the best. But still a more fun experience than FFA

 

For full experience, play either the PS4 Ratchet and Clank version, or buy the PS3 remastered trilogy and play them in order. Then play Deadlocked--->Future tools-->Crack in time-->Into the Nexus, then if you fell in love with the games, play All 4 One and Full frontal

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am obviously a huge R&C fan so I think I can speak on the matter a little :)

 

FFA was a good side game but please don't judge the series on it. I really enjoyed my time with FFA as I played it with 2 friends as we wrote the trophy guide for it (before .COM was shut down).

 

Deadlocked is also good but once again it is a spin off game so please don't judge the series on that game either.

 

Start with the PS4 game or the R&C trilogy that was released for PS3 (stay away from the Vita games as they were not great ports). Also Crack in Time and Tools of Destruction are get entries as well.

 

All 4 One is good...as long as you have friends to play it with.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DEADLOCKED11 said:

For full experience, play either the PS4 Ratchet and Clank version, or buy the PS3 remastered trilogy and play them in order. Then play Deadlocked--->Future tools-->Crack in time-->Into the Nexus, then if you fell in love with the games, play All 4 One and Full frontal

Thanks for the info. I'll buy the trilogy soon.

 

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

FFA was a good side game but please don't judge the series on it. I really enjoyed my time with FFA as I played it with 2 friends as we wrote the trophy guide for it (before .COM was shut down).

I'm not judging the series from this one spin-off, just wanted some insight from actual fans of the franchise. Thanks!

Edited by kanzenchaos
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Thanks for the info. I'll buy the trilogy soon.

 

I'm not judging the series from this one spin-off, just wanted some insight from actual fans of the franchise. Thanks!

Sorry, that was not meant as an insult. I just meant that it was a side game but definitely not the place to start :)

 

I hope you enjoy the Trilogy. The first game can still be a little rough (but I love it) but the PS4 version is a complete remake and fixes a lot of the problems.

 

The second game is my personal favourite in the series.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

Sorry, that was not meant as an insult. I just meant that it was a side game but definitely not the place to start :)

 

I hope you enjoy the Trilogy. The first game can still be a little rough (but I love it) but the PS4 version is a complete remake and fixes a lot of the problems.

 

The second game is my personal favourite in the series.

I didn't take it as an insult, and you answered exactly what I asked in the first post.

 

So the PS4 version is actually a remake of the first game? I actually thought they rebooted this series. Thanks for the info!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it FFA much more fun than Deadlocked tbh. Deadlocked is so bland, most of the scenarios looks like the same to me and the weapons are copy-paste from Going Command and Up your Arsenal, the challenges are also boring or annoying, not many fun ones. FFA is a bit short and heavily focused on tower-defense but still play like a core R&C and looks leagues better than Deadlocked, even if 2 stages are reused later on just changing the weather.

 

The very best available for PS3 is the HD Trilogy, R&C: A Crack in Time and RC: Into the Nexus. You can't really go wrong with those.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kanzenchaos said:

I didn't take it as an insult, and you answered exactly what I asked in the first post.

 

So the PS4 version is actually a remake of the first game? I actually thought they rebooted this series. Thanks for the info!

It is basically the same game but with some new stuff added in and much better controls.

 

They still keep a certain someone as the bad guy (which is bullshit) but it all works out in the end :)

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, connorbartram said:

SNIP

But...All 4 One you can play as Qwark :)

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.