A really useful hint for those playing this game

cris3f

If you hit a explosives box that had a soldier on top, as a example, if he's blown up off the screen and fall again, and then you destroy with your next ball 2 enemies you'll still get a extra yellow rock (or diamond). The falling enemy must hit the ground while you're destroying the next 2 enemies with the next boulder. Unfortunately not useful for all levels, but can help on some.

A photo to make this more clear:

u1mqYw.jpg

In this case if you're lucky and hit the marked top corner of the explosives box, rock will hit again King Oddball, and if you get 2 other enemies you'll have 3 less enemies and 1 more yellow rock. This happened to me by chance and I wasn't figuring how it was possible.

Have fun.

EDIT This was quite useful to me on rooms 7, 14 and 17 of the last diamond world. Hope it helps you too.

EDIT AFTER FINISHING BOTH

If you're playing both the VIta and PS4 versions, play them one at a time. There's slightly differences in the way the reaction timings for the buttons for each version. Due to the lucky festival the game is the chances that you solve exactly the same way the same levels are few, specially the most difficult ones. So for your sanity play each separately.

Besides the suggested videos on the guide from Bradleafsfan, there's some useful ones by matzmx. If you're stuck on some levels try to check all the ones you can, as there's always various solutions, but quite frankly to achieve some of those solutions that either of these guys have on a few levels you need to be EXTREMELY lucky to be able to reproduce. I could do 95%+ of the levels without any guide, but again was very lucky on some. I even did level 14 on world 1 of the Diamonds level with one ball while doing my normal plays in the Vita and I don't have the slightest idea how I managed it (I hit the rightmost ball first..). I do think that the vast majority of the levels can be done in one ball, as they seem to be designed that way,  but getting that miraculous shot needs a ton of luck on most.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 4

• 9 months later...
On 19/02/2020 at 0:59 AM, cris3f said:

If you hit a explosives box that had a soldier on top, as a example, if he's blown up off the screen and fall again, and then you destroy with your next ball 2 enemies you'll still get a extra yellow rock (or diamond). The falling enemy must hit the ground while you're destroying the next 2 enemies with the next boulder. Unfortunately not useful for all levels, but can help on some.

A photo to make this more clear:

u1mqYw.jpg

In this case if you're lucky and hit the marked top corner of the explosives box, rock will hit again King Oddball, and if you get 2 other enemies you'll have 3 less enemies and 1 more yellow rock. This happened to me by chance and I wasn't figuring how it was possible.

Just started playing this game, so it might come in handy. Thanks. I generally like these types of games (puzzle genre in general) but beating the game in backwards seem like an unnecessary chore =/ Thankfully the game is very short. Merry Christmas by the way!

On 19/02/2020 at 0:59 AM, cris3f said:

• 1 year later...

This game is okay at best. Glad I got this one for free because I would of been mad otherwise. Too much precision, diamond levels range from easy to hair pulling frustration. 12 hours in and still got half of the mustache world to finish.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:59 PM, cris3f said:

EDIT AFTER FINISHING BOTH

If you're playing both the VIta and PS4 versions, play them one at a time. There's slightly differences in the way the reaction timings for the buttons for each version. Due to the lucky festival the game is the chances that you solve exactly the same way the same levels are few, specially the most difficult ones. So for your sanity play each separately.

Besides the suggested videos on the guide from Bradleafsfan, there's some useful ones by matzmx. If you're stuck on some levels try to check all the ones you can, as there's always various solutions, but quite frankly to achieve some of those solutions that either of these guys have on a few levels you need to be EXTREMELY lucky to be able to reproduce. I could do 95%+ of the levels without any guide, but again was very lucky on some. I even did level 14 on world 1 of the Diamonds level with one ball while doing my normal plays in the Vita and I don't have the slightest idea how I managed it (I hit the rightmost ball first..). I do think that the vast majority of the levels can be done in one ball, as they seem to be designed that way,  but getting that miraculous shot needs a ton of luck on most.

I wish I read this before I started this piece of crap. I've probably spent two hours on probably five or six levels in the Diamond levels.

Fuck this game.