Playing this in 2020 (Wes)

17 hours ago, Xero9989 said:

Ended up getting him! :D  After beating adventure mode the first time, it loads up with Maxwell outside of the adventure door, so I just picked up from there.  The order went Archipelago -> A Cold Reception -> King of Winter.  Not sure if this helps or not; might have just gotten lucky.  Thanks for the reply Rozalia1!  I appreciate the suggestion, and it gave me a nice backup plan incase RNG wasn't kind.  Good luck to all trying for this one!

I'm happy it worked out for you mate. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm going for my 6th attempt to get this shitty trophy. 

4x in a row I got two worlds. Last Time I got archipelago and no Wes appeared there :x now I just deleted everything and I'm trying to go with the first character ??

I'm doing the jp version. 

The us version took me 5 attempts to get Wes in a cold reception 

Edited by tranquilu

On 22/03/2021 at 3:17 AM, tranquilu said:

I'm going for my 6th attempt to get this shitty trophy. 

4x in a row I got two worlds. Last Time I got archipelago and no Wes appeared there :x now I just deleted everything and I'm trying to go with the first character 1f611.png1f612.png

I'm doing the jp version. 

The us version took me 5 attempts to get Wes in a cold reception 

As one of my post in the thread says. Search up how to get 1.00 versions of digital games. There is a thing you can run on your computer which stops the server from downloading a patched version of the game and instead gets you the 1.00 version. The 1.00 version is notable because there is a Wes glitch in it. From what I recall it involves in slot 1 getting up to stage 3 and if it is Two Worlds (if not then Wes will be around so go grab him), then stop there and do a new game in slot 2 (keep the game in slot 1). This will make it so Wes shows up in stage 1 whatever it may be.

The chance of getting anything but Two Worlds in stage 3 seems really low. Officially it shouldn't even be that low as Two Worlds is supposed to only show up 33% of the time. My guess is the other 2 levels were given 3% odds rather than 33%, so Two Worlds thus shows up 94% of the time. However, this is just a guess to try and make sense of it of course. 

• Like 1