Struggling with sims being promoted

TBEvn

53 minutes ago, TBEvn said:

Followed the new guide for the quick plat but I’m unable to get 3 of the sims to get promoted, anyone else struggling with this and/or is anyone able to help?

Which 3? Do their daily task, then make them "Work Hard" while at work. They should be able to get promoted very quickly using the families

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Malachen said:

Which 3? Do their daily task, then make them "Work Hard" while at work. They should be able to get promoted very quickly using the families

This might sound like a very nooby response but how do you make them work hard ? and also it’s the entertainer Tate, the writer and the villain 

• Like 2

They already have the skills needed i think so if your willing to take a little longer you could just leave the game idle and let it do its thing. Just make sure they dont die or forget the bills. 

If you want to make them work harder then when they are working they will have a briefcase icon on their image that gives you options , work hard is one of them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

They already have the skills needed i think so if your willing to take a little longer you could just leave the game idle and let it do its thing. Just make sure they dont die or forget the bills. 

If you want to make them work harder then when they are working they will have a briefcase icon on their image that gives you options , work hard is one of them.

This. The Sims shouldn't be able to die unless they try to fix something of their own accord but do what @charxsetsuna has suggested for working hard and they should come quickly. Criminal is usually pretty instant but entertainer and writer can be a bit of a pain. They seem to have a high likelihood of losing performance from random events. You can also drink a confident potion before work to get the option "Schmooze with Boss" which increases performance well.

• 4 months later...

I am having trouble here to unlock the last two trophies: for entertainer and spy. Load the Malachen file, they worked hard, they got level 10 but trophies didn´t pop. I deleted the file and download it again. Nothing! The drank the inspired potion too... They became old and nothing of both trophies.

Any other help?

21 hours ago, Melston2010 said:

I am having trouble here to unlock the last two trophies: for entertainer and spy. Load the Malachen file, they worked hard, they got level 10 but trophies didn´t pop. I deleted the file and download it again. Nothing! The drank the inspired potion too... They became old and nothing of both trophies.

Any other help?

Just deleted all save games e restarted the game. Download again the Malachen file and at put "work hard" at both entertainer and spy. after first time they go home after work I got the trophies and platinum.

On 07/07/2020 at 11:28 PM, Melston2010 said:

Just deleted all save games e restarted the game. Download again the Malachen file and at put "work hard" at both entertainer and spy. after first time they go home after work I got the trophies and platinum.

Glad this popped for you. Not sure why they weren't working previously though. 

• 2 years later...
On 05/03/2020 at 10:00 PM, charxsetsuna said:

So, if I leave the game idle the Sim will eventually get promoted? Having too constantly check the work harder option still makes it feel like I'm micromanaging a lot.

28 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

So, if I leave the game idle the Sim will eventually get promoted? Having too constantly check the work harder option still makes it feel like I'm micromanaging a lot.

That's correct. Clicking work harder just makes the promotion a bit quicker

2 hours ago, Malachen said:

That's correct. Clicking work harder just makes the promotion a bit quicker

But why does it seem like my sim will forget to go to work without a prompt? Is there some prioritise setting I can change? 

Everyone else from the downloaded family maxed out their career quickly but the Tech Guru is not moving up.

Edit: I downloaded a new Tech Guru from the Gallery instead and it worked with no problem.

Edited by bikeman223