How long will the platinum take?

agamer1

Hi all

This is pretty much my first sim style game, started playing yesterday and really enjoying it so far. Does anyone have a rough estimate on how long the platinum can take? I can tell the service trophies will be the longest/grindiest of the bunch, I thought maybe 100 - 200 hours? But I could be way off lol. 

Personally ill be treating this game as my "relaxing game" throughout the year, and I'd also like to go for all the dlc eventually, I don't know if anyone else is thinking the same? 

Thanks for your input 

• Like 1

Well if there are updates long, cause most updates cause you to have to restart.

Normal course of play will still take a long time.

For example currently I am going for Rapid Transit Services completion about 160 services all taking 1 to 1,5 hours.

LIRR (Long Iland Rail Road) is about the same.

And GWE (Great Western Express) Longest here will be 1660 Miles for the 166.

I think if you can play without needing a restart it will take 600 hours maybe more.

Edited by Vive_ut_vivas
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, naotsugulh said:

How often do they update it so you have to restart?

Whenever they release new DLC just before.

And in some cases to fix bugs.

Usually I play without internet on to prevent the game from updating, while I am busy with a time consuming trophy.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Vive_ut_vivas said:

Whenever they release new DLC just before.

And in some cases to fix bugs.

Usually I play without internet on to prevent the game from updating, while I am busy with a time consuming trophy.

Okay thanks for the heads-up. Do you know if we have to do all the timetable/schedule runs for each of the 3 stations for the base game trophy? Or is it just the scenarios?

4 hours ago, naotsugulh said:

Okay thanks for the heads-up. Do you know if we have to do all the timetable/schedule runs for each of the 3 stations for the base game trophy? Or is it just the scenarios?

That all depends on the requirements for the trophy.

The speed ones need little explanation.

The all scenarios is plain as day complete all the scenarios for example GWE: Peak Performance just complete all scenarios in Great Western Express

The all services is literally all services of a route for example German Legend currently I am working on Rapid Transit consists of 3 locos/trains with 167 services in total. I had completed this one just after buying CN Oakville Subdivision but the trophy did not pop. So I restarted with a new savegame.

2 hours ago, Vive_ut_vivas said:

That all depends on the requirements for the trophy.

The speed ones need little explanation.

The all scenarios is plain as day complete all the scenarios for example GWE: Peak Performance just complete all scenarios in Great Western Express

The all services is literally all services of a route for example German Legend currently I am working on Rapid Transit consists of 3 locos/trains with 167 services in total. I had completed this one just after buying CN Oakville Subdivision but the trophy did not pop. So I restarted with a new savegame.

So for German Legend trophy I would have to do ALL 167 services on the timetable? With each train? Sorry still fairly new to the game

2 hours ago, naotsugulh said:

So for German Legend trophy I would have to do ALL 167 services on the timetable? With each train? Sorry still fairly new to the game

Its ok.

And yes and no this is the shortest of the two. Because you can do either Main Spessart Bahn or Rapid Transit. 

Rapid Transit has 167 services, and Main Spessart Bahn has 309 if I am correct.

It (the 167 services) then is divided over 3 Trains you will do most services with the Talent 2, and the DB BR 182 & DB BR 767.2 are DLC trains.

On 10-4-2020 at 2:20 AM, naotsugulh said:

Okay cool. So do I need to do all of them perfectly/within a relatively close time? Or does time really orbit matter as long as I get the services done? 

You just need to get the services done indeed.

My service times differ every service sometimes I finish with a few minutes to spare some I finish like the dutch rail road service (with 10 minutes delay)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 16/04/2020 at 8:17 AM, Vive_ut_vivas said:

You just need to get the services done indeed.

My service times differ every service sometimes I finish with a few minutes to spare some I finish like the dutch rail road service (with 10 minutes delay)

Just in case people don't know this, it might be worth pointing out that you don't need to do the full service. You can complete a passenger service by 'hijacking it' at the end of the run. Basically, go into Timetable and select free play (your driver) and look for an incomplete service. This will give you the start/end station and departure time. There are a few websites online that will give you the arrival time for the final destination, so set the time to a few minutes just before the train is due in and set the final station. Wait for the train to arrive, jump into the driver's seat (it will ask if you want to take over the service) and in most cases once the passenger unload is finished you'll be awarded a completed service.

This is how I got about 50% of services needed for WSR: West Country Wanderer. Had to drive a few full services, but having to rack up miles in certain trains this probably wasn't the best DLC to do this on. However, for the MSB/RNR/LIRR you can rack up service completions relatively quickly.

Of course, you'll still need to drive 'turn arounds' because these don't have a timetable, but they're usually quite short anyway.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xemik said:

Just in case people don't know this, it might be worth pointing out that you don't need to do the full service. You can complete a passenger service by 'hijacking it' at the end of the run. Basically, go into Timetable and select free play (your driver) and look for an incomplete service. This will give you the start/end station and departure time. There are a few websites online that will give you the arrival time for the final destination, so set the time to a few minutes just before the train is due in and set the final station. Wait for the train to arrive, jump into the driver's seat (it will ask if you want to take over the service) and in most cases once the passenger unload is finished you'll be awarded a completed service.

This is how I got about 50% of services needed for WSR: West Country Wanderer. Had to drive a few full services, but having to rack up miles in certain trains this probably wasn't the best DLC to do this on. However, for the MSB/RNR/LIRR you can rack up service completions relatively quickly.

Of course, you'll still need to drive 'turn arounds' because these don't have a timetable, but they're usually quite short anyway.

True I do this too, but only if I have reached the distance required for the locomotive/train/route.

But most I do the traditional way just from start to end.