Is This Game Fixed?

9 minutes ago, Neocarleen said:

I played the digital version and had no problem unlocking the Horse Girl trophy. I think it’s just the Xbox version that is glitched.

P.S. The trophy unlocks when you save the game in your bedroom after riding for 24 hours.

Ah okay, cos I couldn't see a PS4 guide online so part of me assumed they would be the same. Thanks for the clarification though! Does that mean 24 hours in game or IRL? 

9 minutes ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

Ah okay, cos I couldn't see a PS4 guide online so part of me assumed they would be the same. Thanks for the clarification though! Does that mean 24 hours in game or IRL? 

24 hours IRL. You can just get on your horse and leave the game idle.

I got this done on the digital version as well. For me 'Horse Girl' popped during a clean-down of my poor, overworked horse & that said to me you have to dismount to make it pop shortly thereafter & it left me wondering how much time beyond the 24 hours I wasted rubber-banding it at that point. 

I wouldn't call the game fixed though. The night cycle that just flashes black and white, while adding a nice horror vibe really seems like faulty programming still present 3 patches later.

I did all of the coach trips in a row which went at such a pace it made Mudrunner feel like an arcade racer. After that monotony I jumped on my horse and galloped home at full speed which felt free & liberating but when I got back home & dismounted the game crashed to a blue screen. The trophy popped but & the story progress was saved but the coach trips were not & I lost a bit of money. It was of no consequence in the end but it set the tone for sure.

In chapter 12 I did the two side missions in the wrong order. After finding the rabbit I spoke to Carsten first which ended mission 9 & unlocked the ghost hunter trophy but doing so bugged out mission 8 & when I tried to turn the rabbit in I got dialogue for both the start & end of the mission playing simultaneously like a schizophrenic hell. Due to this, mission 8 would not register as complete. I decided to just keep playing anyway & after a few chapters, dangerously close to the end of the game the quest came good & I was able to turn that damn rabbit in.

No one needs that sort of anxiety so make sure to complete mission 8 before mission 9!!

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
  • Like 1

The trophies are fixed but the game itself is still a trainwreck on a technical level:

- Lousy frame rate, including slowdown that brings it down to single digits

- Major texture pop-in

- Frequent crashing, especially when trying to dismount your horse

- Buggy missions that appear in the wrong order

- Game breaking collision detection problems that can force a reload

- Invisible walls all over the place

- Abysmal animations

- Major Input lag during the tournaments but nowhere else in the game

- Unreliable and often outright broken controls.

- Painful load times

- Clunky menus

- Audio glitches

- Lighting glitches that cause the game to turn into a seizure inducing, flickering mess that can only be fixed by reloading the game.

- Buggy and erratic camera

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

23 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I got this done on the digital version as well. For me 'Horse Girl' popped during a clean-down of my poor, overworked horse & that said to me you have to dismount to make it pop shortly thereafter & it left me wondering how much time beyond the 24 hours I wasted rubber-banding it at that point. 

I wouldn't call the game fixed though. The night cycle that just flashes black and white, while adding a nice horror vibe really seems like faulty programming still present 3 patches later.

I did all of the coach trips in a row which went at such a pace it made Mudrunner feel like an arcade racer. After that monotony I jumped on my horse and galloped home at full speed which felt free & liberating but when I got back home & dismounted the game crashed to a blue screen. The trophy popped but & the story progress was saved but the coach trips were not & I lost a bit of money. It was of no consequence in the end but it set the tone for sure.

In chapter 12 I did the two side missions in the wrong order. After finding the rabbit I spoke to Carsten first which ended mission 9 & unlocked the ghost hunter trophy but doing so bugged out mission 8 & when I tried to turn the rabbit in I got dialogue for both the start & end of the mission playing simultaneously like a schizophrenic hell. Due to this, mission 8 would not register as complete. I decided to just keep playing anyway & after a few chapters, dangerously close to the end of the game the quest came good & I was able to turn that damn rabbit in.

No one needs that sort of anxiety so make sure to complete mission 8 before mission 9!!

23 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The trophies are fixed but the game itself is still a trainwreck on a technical level:

- Major texture pop-in

- Abysmal animations

- Painful load times

- Clunky menus

- Audio glitches

- Lighting glitches that cause the game to turn into a seizure inducing, flickering mess that can only be fixed by reloading the game.

So, based on these comments, the game is a mess but the trophies aren't glitched. Even The Unicorn Princess wasn't bad like that, and that's basically a carbon copy of this game!

1 hour ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

So, based on these comments, the game is a mess but the trophies aren't glitched. Even The Unicorn Princess wasn't bad like that, and that's basically a carbon copy of this game!

Yeah the trophies somehow all popped without issue despite the game feeling like it was hanging on by a thread and could crash any moment from anything. I forgot to mention the story mode takes a while and the courses you have to do are pretty easy to mess up if you're going to fast. Almost all courses can be aced going at a slightly slower pace from 2 taps of R1 but the timing can be strict, you can't miss one and the jerky movement doesn't help. This is by far the most demanding horse game. I had my eye on it for ages & as soon as that significant discount happened I picked it up & got it done. Just need Ostwind Ari's Arrival & the 2nd Bibi & Tina game to have them all now. 

Unicorn Princess is like a dream compared to this. They toned everything down to such an extent that Unicorn Princess almost felt like a good game, at least in the context of having done Riding Champion. 

25 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Yeah the trophies somehow all popped without issue despite the game feeling like it was hanging on by a thread and could crash any moment from anything. I forgot to mention the story mode takes a while and the courses you have to do are pretty easy to mess up if you're going to fast. Almost all courses can be aced going at a slightly slower pace from 2 taps of R1 but the timing can be strict, you can't miss one and the jerky movement doesn't help. This is by far the most demanding horse game. I had my eye on it for ages & as soon as that significant discount happened I picked it up & got it done. Just need Ostwind Ari's Arrival & the 2nd Bibi & Tina game to have them all now. 

Unicorn Princess is like a dream compared to this. They toned everything down to such an extent that Unicorn Princess almost felt like a good game, at least in the context of having done Riding Champion. 

Thanks for the tips. I mean, not to brag but I have the fastest completion time on Unicorn Princess on this site, it wasn't the worst game I played. Dare I say I somewhat enjoyed it. Not the best nor worst 3 hours of my life mind you. 

I just started for the 24 hours on horseback trophy as my first one for this game, just so I know for sure that I got it, plus I'm gonna be busy tomorrow, so I can leave it all day to idle, saves me being there playing xD 

• 1 year later...
On 24/03/2020 at 0:32 AM, HuntingFever said:

- Major texture pop-in

- Abysmal animations

- Painful load times

- Clunky menus

- Audio glitches

You missed the glitch where if you're going too fast with a trailer/cart attached and you turn too much or bump into something the horse goes spiralling skywards everything goes brown and you hear Resident Evil style crows mocking you.

Think it's scarred my kid...

6 minutes ago, Magicloud-MB said:

You missed the glitch where if you're going too fast with a trailer/cart attached and you turn too much or bump into something the horse goes spiralling skywards everything goes brown and you hear Resident Evil style crows mocking you.

Think it's scarred my kid...

That's a new one on me. I had plenty of issues with trailers but didn't encounter this one.