La-Mulana 100% Trophies Video

greenzsaber

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Good stuff greezsaber! 

I used the 8-hour plat video as a reference often. However, for Hell Temple, I ended up creating my own route based on the RainDrop glitch to save some time and the headache of many of the rooms. I ended up only having to fight one mini-boss (the dragon after the darkroom who loves to knock you back into the pit on the right) and of course, the blue Nigoro blob. 

Since pot clipping isn't useable on PS4 (patched out) I couldn't replicate the speedrunners to the T in many rooms that involved left wall block/pot skips, but the route I created skipped about 60% of Hell Temple nonetheless and was very trial and error friendly; ( i.e reloading hard saves with progress saved in puzzles and shortcuts. which may be useful for those who are pressed for time in their sub 10 hour Hard Mode run by the time they get to Hell Temple/Mantras End Game). I had about 43 minutes of leeway time to fight Mother with convenient continues on Hard by the end of it all before hitting 10 hours and potentially botching the run. This probably could've been avoided by trying to replicate the route you take in the video 100% instead of going off script and screwing around a bunch of the time.

I recommend people leave at least an hour of time left on their last save (before talking to Mulburuk and after having thoroughly checked all of your progress for emails, items, fairy points, treasure boxes, etc) in order to have the luxury of continually fighting Mother with a continue option. That last fight took way longer than I expected.

I'll probably make a forum post detailing the PS4 Hard Mode Hell Temple route I found soon to help anyone in the future who is crazy enough to attempt this platinum. 

Cheers, 

Edited by The_Great_Wumbo
More Info.
  • Like 1