Brutal is locked

Hello! 

I've just beaten Uncharted Drake's Fortune on crushing difficulty, and was hoping to get Brutal unlocked. Guess what? It's still locked. I've scrolled through all chapters already to confirm and they were all beaten on crushing. What can I do? I dont want to play again the whole thing in crushing! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, filplacido said:

Hello! 

I've just beaten Uncharted Drake's Fortune on crushing difficulty, and was hoping to get Brutal unlocked. Guess what? It's still locked. I've scrolled through all chapters already to confirm and they were all beaten on crushing. What can I do? I dont want to play again the whole thing in crushing! 

Are you able to start a new game on brutal using the save file you completed crushing on?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roundtoad said:

Are you able to start a new game on brutal using the save file you completed crushing on?

No, it's locked everywhere :( Just one thing I should point out, I played the game on crushing with sound and menu in German language, and now changed to English. Could it be this language change? Because the first save file is german.. I thing this is very upsetting :(

15 minutes ago, filplacido said:

No, it's locked everywhere :( Just one thing I should point out, I played the game on crushing with sound and menu in German language, and now changed to English. Could it be this language change? Because the first save file is german.. I thing this is very upsetting :(

Language change should not affect the Crushing playthrough.. I remenber when I finished and pressed "New Game" the Brutal option was already unlocked.

Do you have the crushing save file still? Maybe if you defeat the last boss again it might unlock?

• Like 1

Yeah it's strange, but as what bpmotard and Hush_wu suggested, complete the last chapter again, using a new save slot and making sure you set the language and audio to whatever you want to play Brutal on. If that doesnt work, try triggering one of the DLC Trophy Pack trophies to see if the game registers anything at all. Cheater Cheater :bronze: is a quick one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpmotard said:

Language change should not affect the Crushing playthrough.. I remenber when I finished and pressed "New Game" the Brutal option was already unlocked.

Do you have the crushing save file still? Maybe if you defeat the last boss again it might unlock?

Thanks, it finally worked! Thank you all for the tips!