English/French Cases?

Dreakon139

I got a copy of Little Big Planet used (though it was a new as a used game can get) at Gamestop, and the case seemed to feature both English and French. I opened it up and there were two manuals, one in English and another in French.

When I got a black label copy of Uncharted 1 off eBay as well, it was the same deal.

Wassup wit dat? I don't mind it or anything, but English and French is kind of a strange combination... Sony being a Japanese company and all.

I just did some research on this, and apparently this is quite common for games made or designated for Canada, where there are quite a few folks in the Quebec region who speak French.

The games I got have the typical ESRB rating. Do those wacky Canadians use the same rating system?

The canadians use the same rating, but instead of just being TEEN on the esrb logo, it says Teen/Adolescents etc.

Most games have different covers (only language - artwork is untouched), one for USA and another for Canada. Some that have only one type of cover (both english and french on) are games like Castlevania LOS, Disgaea 3/4, Way of the Samurai 3, Enslaved and some others.