Does the DLC let you upgrade more than a few weapons?

fadingtrails

Hi everyone,

One of the selling points for The Old Hunters is its adding a bunch of new weapons to the game. Thing is, I've beaten the main game and I only ever had enough materials to upgrade two weapons. Obviously I didn't feel like grinding for Insight; there's no point when you can get through the game with the two weapons you have.

It's a shame Bloodborne discourages experimenting with different weapons (IMO I guess). So my question is: is it any different in The Old Hunters? Am I going to pick up a weapon, find out it's terribly inefficient to use, and revert back to the old Iron Axe/Tonitrus?

Thanks,

fadingtrails

There is no secrets of that, there is around 1-2 blood rocks in the main game if i remember right, you can grind one with insights, in the DLC there is only one more you can pick up, and up to three more in the chalice dungeons. You can Always start a NG+ if you want others.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/04/2020 at 1:31 PM, fadingtrails said:

Hi everyone,

One of the selling points for The Old Hunters is its adding a bunch of new weapons to the game. Thing is, I've beaten the main game and I only ever had enough materials to upgrade two weapons. Obviously I didn't feel like grinding for Insight; there's no point when you can get through the game with the two weapons you have.

It's a shame Bloodborne discourages experimenting with different weapons (IMO I guess). So my question is: is it any different in The Old Hunters? Am I going to pick up a weapon, find out it's terribly inefficient to use, and revert back to the old Iron Axe/Tonitrus?

Thanks,

fadingtrails

All weapons you find start off at the basic level. There is no reverting whatsoever as the weapons are duds with their potentials locked away in the blood gems

• Like 1