Math behind top-level profile metrics?

I'm just curious why the numbers on the top of my profile don't seem to match up with the numbers I'm pulling from the individual pages.

For example, as of the time of writing I have:

• 115 Games Played
  • 71 Completed Games
  • 83.63% Completion
  • 650 Unearned Trophies

If I look in the Trophy Log I see 3964 earned trophies, and in the Trophy Advisor I see 489 unearned trophies (705 with DLC). So where is that 650 coming from? Is that including the games I have hidden? And where is that 83.63% based on? It clearly isn't my total percentage of trophies earned, and according to the stats page, my average game completion is 83.28%. This site is bad enough for my OCD, never mind numbers not adding up. :)

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin

Your completion percentage is calculated using the trophy point values of every game you have at least 1 trophy in, excluding the points earned for platinum trophies. I think it rounds up a bit because I've had 100% even with missing bronze trophies.

Your games played stat includes every game on your profile with no exceptions. The unearned trophies stat just a few centimetres to the right does make exceptions and only counts games you've earned at least 1 trophy in. The trophy advisor page goes back to making no exceptions and includes every game on your profile.

There's no real sense to it, so I'm not sure if that'll help or make your OCD worse

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

I'm just curious why the numbers on the top of my profile don't seem to match up with the numbers I'm pulling from the individual pages.

For example, as of the time of writing I have:

• 115 Games Played
  • 71 Completed Games
  • 83.63% Completion
  • 650 Unearned Trophies

If I look in the Trophy Log I see 3964 earned trophies, and in the Trophy Advisor I see 489 unearned trophies (705 with DLC). So where is that 650 coming from? Is that including the games I have hidden? And where is that 83.63% based on? It clearly isn't my total percentage of trophies earned, and according to the stats page, my average game completion is 83.28%. This site is bad enough for my OCD, never mind numbers not adding up. :)

83.63% is based on total points.  Silver trophies are worth twice as much as bronze trophies.  Gold trophies are worth three times as much as Silver trophies (and 6x as much as bronze).  This follows PSN leveling up points.  Platinums are not factored into the completion %.

Where do you see 650 unearned trophies.  It sounds like 705 is your real total. Maybe it is your hidden games.

• Like 2