Farhad_S

Chocobo Hot & Cold

6 posts in this topic

How important is Chocobo Hot & Cold? The lagoon surprisingly is proving a more difficult challenge for me after clearing out the forest. I'm playing high speed mode as that worked well for me in the Chocobo forest. Can I ignore the whole minigame if I'm not planning to go for the plat?

Posted (edited)

If you are not going for the plat you can skip anything that is not story-related. 

In regard to what are you wondering whether the minigame is important or not? It has no impact on the main storyline 😅

Edited by Arcesius

Was just wondering if the rewards were really useful for later boss fights, e.g.

Posted (edited)

Technically you get Freya's best weapon from one of them.

(Well, has better attack than Kain's Lance, anyway.)

Also the best weapon for Zidane, which is a trophy.

Edited by Jigsy1

Posted (edited)

If you want to challenge yourself, there is a superboss that is only accessible if you play through the Chocobo Hot & Cold minigame. I won't spoil anything but do what you will. But I do agree with Arcesius; you probably don't need to bother with the minigame if you don't want to get the trophy.

Edited by peezzeer

It gets a lot better and easier as time goes on.  Honestly once I had the mountain chocobo, it's becoming much easier.  I'm personally biased towards chugging on though cause this is like my favorite Final Fantasy chocobo related quest.  However, if you find it to be too tedious (I totally get why a lot of people feel like that), then yeah, skip it.  No loss.