Can’t cast spells (Mage, Sorceress)

I’m playing as a mage and purchased some spells with my Discipline points: Frazil, Levin and Fire Boon. I can cast Fire boon but I can’t cast Frazil nor Levin. I have them all equipped but when I’m in combat I can only attack with square (Ingle preset spell) and triangle and circle are not showing any spells, triangle just says “Heavy Attack” and circle doesn’t have anything. What am I doing wrong?

I tried holding the button instead of pressing it, I tried pressing square first and then triangle/circle (I thought maybe its a combo) but nothing works.

Edit: Also, my healing spell doesn’t seem to do anything when I cast it, its just there and it doesn’t heal. (Mage)

Edited by LoveInHell

Do you have your spells equipped? If so, you need to press L1 or R1 and then circle, triangle or square to cast a spell like in any other class. ?
If not, there's some NPC where you can equip them, I think the same that gives you the skills, the tavern guys maybe?

Edited by neko-chan251191

A sorcerer can use strong attack magic while the mage can use support magic mainly. They need different weapons and can only use certain magics. While the mage can cast healings for example, the sorcerer can use a firewall, but not the other way around. When you buy your skills, I think there's an icon that shows you what class can use that skill/spell. And what healing spell do you use? Maybe it's not a healing spell after all :D  There's one where you put a green aura around you that stays there for a while, and in there you heal.

44 minutes ago, neko-chan251191 said:

Do you have your spells equipped? If so, you need to press L2 and then circle, triangle or square to cast a spell like in any other class. 1f914.png
If not, there's some NPC where you can equip them, I think the same that gives you the skills, the tavern guys maybe?

Yes, they’re equipped. I’ll show some screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/KezG7TX

2# The primary spells that I equipped don’t show up (even when I’m in combat), Heavy Attack is just a blast with my hand and Light Attack is not High Ingle like it should be (I’ve been using Fire Boon on myself this whole time to be able to cast fire attacks):

3# L1 secondary spells do work properly

Idk why I can’t paste pictures here on my phone so I posted a link, I hope it works.

Edited by LoveInHell

Now I'm confused, 'cause I don't see where the problem is. High ingle is not a spell that you use as the "light attack" or "heavy attack", so you need to change your icons in the bottom right corner with R1 and L1. You should be able to read your skill name, and then you can simply use it with the buttons. If you only read light and heavy attack, than you're doing something wrong. ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, neko-chan251191 said:

Now I'm confused, 'cause I don't see where the problem is. High ingle is not a spell that you use as the "light attack" or "heavy attack", so you need to change your icons in the bottom right corner with R1 and L1. You should be able to read your skill name, and then you can simply use it with the buttons. If you only read light and heavy attack, than you're doing something wrong. 1f914.png

I feel like such a dumbass. ? I didn’t know R1 showed the primary spells... I think I accidentally skipped the R1 “tutorial”. Thanks!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, neko-chan251191 said:

Well, I'm glad you can use skills now :D I guess it just happens sometimes that you miss something in a tutorial :)

Tutorial? What's that? I'm a gamer and just keep pressing buttons till something happens. :awesome:

And while I didn't use magic spells that much, all I remember is the twister one is awesome and beats high ingle in my opinion. But I played as magic archer. 

• Like 1