The Last of Us thoughts and my (spoiler free) opinion of the leaks

nombre_en_uso867

eLliE I fOuNd AnOtHEr OnE oF thEM COMics

Loved the game. At first, I thought it was some kind of movie. But, you know, ND games. Their games are like that and I don't blame them. I like the fact that you can't run and fire guns like there's no tomorrow, like Uncharted. In TLoU, there's actually no tomorrow but also no unlimited ammo, so you better think it briefly before taking the shot. Crafting system was cool. Ellie being an actual helpful AI and not a nuisance was a fucking 3-point score. You know, whenever there's a must-protect AI (like Ashley Graham, she still screams "Leon!!!" in my nightmares) I usually think "fuck this game". I thought Ellie was going to be a heavy burden. But Ellie is no must-protect AI. She's a I'll-fucking-save-your-ass AI. She throws bricks or shoots at enemies attacking you, gives you a first aid kit and ammo out of nowhere and is barely spotted by everyone! (The last thing is, at the same time, not that cool, because it breaks the immersion a little, but oh well, a soul for a soul I guess). And this is clearly a fair mechanic specially on Survivor mode because you practically have to rely on throwables, your bow and arrow and stealth. Gameplay on Survivor becomes big brain gameplay. And I'm a fan of this. After playing Left Behind and 1/3 of the main game on Survivor I realized that the gameplay was better than I thought. You just have to get good at it. I was also inspired by the aggressive gameplay on youtube, yeah.

Despite all this, I found the game to be a lot glitchier than expected, and it has a lot of frame drops on PS3 (specially in Bill's Town). It's kinda sad that such a good looking game like this has such problems. I actually don't know what to blame, the console or the game. But I certainly blame the game for having glitchy trophies and stupid nonsense collectibles. I'm sure I did all the convos and the trophy didn't pop. So I loaded at a random chapter (i think it was the one with Henry and Sam) and boom: I had 0 convos. Like I never did a convo, what the fuck. I don't feel like doing them again. Fuck you. I know the plat is unobtainable, but I still wanted to squeeze all the juice. You lose the collectibles after finishing the game!

Me: hey I forgot to get that poster that no one cares about

Game: oh you want the trophy? FUCK YOU, collect all the shit again.

Screw this.

Having Troy Baker and Nolan North in a game is a big win for everyone. I want to marry the whole cast. I even watched the fucking one night live and was convinced that this is one of the best team of actors I've ever seen. This is why I truly enjoyed the story. It was like "the princess is in another castle, Mario!" with extra steps. 

Did Joel do the right thing? Is he actually the villain? He got so attached to the girl that he threw the entire world into the garbage bin. Fucked up the only chance to stop having more infected people around. But he saved the only person he cared for, because the world doesn't deserve to be saved. This is some debatable shit. What do you think?

The leaks

I didn't care being spoiled because I'll probably never play the game. I read and watched the leaks. Real heavy spoilers everyone, be careful on Internet. This is not a Kingdom Hearts 3 level leak (well, mostly because KH plot can be leaked and you still don't know what's going on, but still). This situation is a shame. And I can´t help it but feel this is all Naughty Dog's fault. Rumour has it the leaks were from a exploited employee who hasn't been paid. Considering the bad reputation ND had with its employees, the crunch and all that stuff, this was going to happen sooner or later, sadly. Fans can't do anything more than quarantine themselves over anything related to TLoU. If the rumors are true, I hope ND learns the lesson.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nombre_en_uso867 said:

She is barely spotted by everyone! (The last thing is, at the same time, not that cool, because it breaks the immersion a little, but oh well, a soul for a soul I guess). And this is clearly a fair mechanic 

I agree. It would suck if she ruined your stealth approach all the time.

I know I'm about to make a bad comparison, but stick with me. Ellie is like the dog from MGSV when it comes to this. DD can walk over mines and not blow up. This doesn't make any sense in-world, but it's a great gameplay decision. At least you won't hate your AI companion all the time. Haven't played Fallout 4, but I've seen a clip, where the dog just runs into a room full of traps and kills you both. Oof.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1