Grinding/leveling up from 55 to 61 and prepping for Crawmerax question.

Hentekorino

Hey all, I just beat all content in playthrough 1 minus Crawmerax and am at level 55 right now. I really don't want to have to play an entire other playthrough just to level up to 61 to have a shot at Crawmerax, and looking at the DLC guide it seems like it assumes I've done playthrough 2, what are my options right now?

• Pop into playthrough 2 for a bit and playthrough Knoxx/maybe Claptrap to grind to 61 and get some decent guns, then hop back into playthrough 1 to beat crawmerax with some partners.

• Any decent grinding spots in Knoxx? Tbh a bit worried this is going to glitch completionist but I don't know if I have any other options right now egh. 

• I'm guessing I should get rid of all my playthrough 1 guns and completely start over in finding new gear in playthrough 2's DLCs?

• I'm assuming joining someone else's super high level session and leeching exp off of them, or just straight up having them kill Crawmerax for me, isn't an option right now as PS3 BL1 online is dead.

Any tips are appreciated, thanks! These are the last couple of trophies I have left before I 100% the game oh man. 

1 minute ago, Paramnesiac86 said:

You could just keep killing Crawmerax's minions over and over again, they''ll give you lots of EXP and they're keep respawning until you kill the big boy himself. That's how I did it years ago.

Oh man even on playthrough 1? I think I'd just end up doing that lmao, though I think the guns are still a concern as I only have level 37 - 40 guns. 

if I can kill the big boi even with these low level guns I think I might just end up heading straight for the crab now. 

Since you said you are level 55 right now, I assumed that your weapons are way beyond 37-40. Boy, I was wrong :)

Nevermind then, I guess. You'll need better weapons than that. 

Best way of action then would be creating a gaming session and hoping for a kind person that just kill him for you. Or start a 2nd playthrough.

12 hours ago, Paramnesiac86 said:

Since you said you are level 55 right now, I assumed that your weapons are way beyond 37-40. Boy, I was wrong :)

Nevermind then, I guess. You'll need better weapons than that. 

Best way of action then would be creating a gaming session and hoping for a kind person that just kill him for you. Or start a 2nd playthrough.

Yeah unfortunately, I think i glitched/exploited my way up to 51 in playthrough 1 when I initially platted the game years ago. I think doing a 2nd playthrough and going straight for the DLCs to re-gear and level up might be my best option.

I've had a session up for a couple of days but no bites, RIP. 

Edit: Ended up going to playthrough 2's Knoxx DLC for a couple of hours, got around midway through the main quests and quit back to playthrough 1 after re-gearing. Grinded on Crawmerax worms until 60 then killed the lad.

Edited by Hentekorino

If you kill enemies on any map in the game (Example: Arid badlands) after that you teleport onto a next map (Example: T- Bone Junction) and come back to Arid badlands the enemies do respawn and you could just keep on killing them, now apply that same exact way to crawmermax lair and then exit out of that area and then re-enter it to kill him again. on the other hand there’s another xp grinder at Tartarus Station where as you have to fight Minac and kill his minions when he stops at a certain point and farm there.