My YouTube Channel (Original Music)

PalaceOfLove706

Start something - first song off my album Wintersleep (2019). These are songs I recorded in a small apartment so you can hear my young toddler banging around during some of them like Jacob’s Song and Grace of my Heart. I thought his sounds worked well with the songs so I kept the tracks as is, rawer that way like most of my music.

Edited by PalaceOfLove706

• 2 weeks later...

I know this was posted a while ago & I'm assuming most are 'exercising their choice not to post' but I'm a longtime underground music enthusiast so I checked out those songs you posted. That stuff was a challenging listen even for me tbh. Even music genres that are raw by design have production, mixing, mastering etc. 

You've been doing music for a while it seems & my recommendation would be to look into some production & recording techniques if you're going to do it all yourself. Just a few effects, a modicum of production & something to add atmosphere make a world of difference. 

As an experiment I did maybe 3 things to 'start something' in a DAW & it sounds much better after 5-10 minutes 'work': http://www.mediafire.com/file/oms404lh89x2pl1/Start_Something-1.wav/file

The religious song titles are a bit off-putting and without them I wouldn't have known and might have dug a little deeper & checked out more songs. Neutral titles would be better.

The guitar is alright but the vocals aren't all that bearable I'm sorry to say. They need dialling back, effects, control & all that stuff. I listen to a lot of music with unconventional vocals & have an extremely high tolerance but yours pushed the boundaries for me. In a way it's nice to know there's still something out there that can do that so credit where credit's due.

Honestly after all the threads you've made here some of which are still around I'm 50/50 on you being a character troll & this being some random guys music channel. Maybe I'm just a bit jaded since I lived through 90's internet but it's all a bit off to me. Thought I'd respond anyway since as it's been a while since I've explored someones fragile self expression & I didn't see anyone else responding.

4 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I know this was posted a while ago & I'm assuming most are 'exercising their choice not to post' but I'm a longtime underground music enthusiast so I checked out those songs you posted. That stuff was a challenging listen even for me tbh. Even music genres that are raw by design have production, mixing, mastering etc. 

You've been doing music for a while it seems & my recommendation would be to look into some production & recording techniques if you're going to do it all yourself. Just a few effects, a modicum of production & something to add atmosphere make a world of difference. 

As an experiment I did maybe 3 things to 'start something' in a DAW & it sounds much better after 5-10 minutes 'work': http://www.mediafire.com/file/oms404lh89x2pl1/Start_Something-1.wav/file

The religious song titles are a bit off-putting and without them I wouldn't have known and might have dug a little deeper & checked out more songs. Neutral titles would be better.

The guitar is alright but the vocals aren't all that bearable I'm sorry to say. They need dialling back, effects, control & all that stuff. I listen to a lot of music with unconventional vocals & have an extremely high tolerance but yours pushed the boundaries for me. In a way it's nice to know there's still something out there that can do that so credit where credit's due.

Honestly after all the threads you've made here some of which are still around I'm 50/50 on you being a character troll & this being some random guys music channel. Maybe I'm just a bit jaded since I lived through 90's internet but it's all a bit off to me. Thought I'd respond anyway since as it's been a while since I've explored someones fragile self expression & I didn't see anyone else responding.

No, it’s my music dude. I just released a new album on my soundcloud, dedicated to my wife, Sagiquarius.

Your critiques are fine but I honestly don’t care. Raw is my passion and my low tech recording is just my thing. Gives it another feel.

Anytime you throw yourself out there you’re subject to criticism but as you can see I’ve had my following over the years and that keeps it going.

otherwise have a good day

Here’s the latest album: https://m.soundcloud.com/user-234321408/sets/sagiquarius-full-album-2020

re: the religious themes, it only makes the most sense if you read chapter 5 in my PhD dissertation published in 2019. I had an encounter with a deity in my late stages of psychosis and I explore those themes in the music, which I incorporated in my PhD. It’s free and viewable online, it’s called “Stories of Madness”: exploring resistance, conformity, resiliency, agency and disengagement in mental health narratives. 

• Like 1