trophies won't sync with psn

boychik0830

when i try to manually sync trophies i get 32091-5 or NP-32098-2 error codes and i have no idea why it is happening. it always stays at 0% when i try to manually sync and no matter how many times i try the errors never go away and i can't sync my trophies at all. i am wondering if it has to do with final fantasy which i rented last week as it did not give me trophies for doing certain things which i know i did like getting a trophy for completing chapter 2 but not for chapters 3 or 4 as an example. sometimes when starting a game it will crash and make to click on my profile to sign in again. i wonder if this has anything to do with my problem or not at all. I also played Nioh 2 yesterday and when I put the disc in it installed correctly but does not show up under my profile or under my trophies list either. I also can't sync with psn to have it update and I really don't want to factory reset my ps4 at all. is there another way to fix this without having to factory reset my console. this problem is really annoying me and i wish i knew how to fix it. i please help me fix this problem i am having so trophies will sync again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It sounds like your user account has been corrupted somehow, thus your only option is to backup your saves then delete your account off your PS4 and recreate it.

Really so I will have to reset my ps4, download saves again and reinstall my games again. I'd rather not install my games again as that would take hours to do. Do you think rebuilding the database would fix my problem as I would rather try to find a way to fix this that doesn't involve resetting my console.

1 hour ago, boychik0830 said:

Really so I will have to reset my ps4, download saves again and reinstall my games again. I'd rather not install my games again as that would take hours to do. Do you think rebuilding the database would fix my problem as I would rather try to find a way to fix this that doesn't involve resetting my console.

No. Deleting your user account is only a soft wipe so all your games will still be there when you recreate it and re-activate your profile as the primary account, though you will have to wait a few mins whilst all your licenses are verified and restored :). I had to do this myself a few hours ago after a new game somehow managed to corrupt my profile and prevent anything from loading or syncing so I deleted my account, recreated it and everything worked again but I lost all my unbacked up saves and had to redownload them from the Cloud, plus my folders, Internet Browsing History, screenshots, recent notifications and custom dictionary were wiped as well.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

No. Deleting your user account is only a soft wipe so all your games will still be there when you recreate it and re-activate your profile as the primary account, though you will have to wait a few mins whilst all your licenses are verified and restored :). I had to do this myself a few hours ago after a new game somehow managed to corrupt my profile and prevent anything from loading or syncing so I deleted my account, recreated it and everything worked again but I lost all my unbacked up saves and had to redownload them from the Cloud, plus my folders, Internet Browsing History, screenshots, recent notifications and custom dictionary were wiped as well.

i wish there was a way to fix this without having to delete my profile and readd it again. it seems like more trouble than it worth and would much rather just deal with it even through this problem is annoying me

10 minutes ago, boychik0830 said:

i wish there was a way to fix this without having to delete my profile and readd it again. it seems like more trouble than it worth and would much rather just deal with it even through this problem is annoying me

It takes all of 10mins to delete and recreate your profile, plus another 10-15mins (download speed dependant) to redownload your saves so isn't a hassle in the slightest :).

• 5 months later...
On 13/05/2020 at 5:30 PM, HuntingFever said:

It takes all of 10mins to delete and recreate your profile, plus another 10-15mins (download speed dependant) to redownload your saves so isn't a hassle in the slightest :).

Hey @HuntingFever I've been having this error myself last couple weeks so just to reconfirm it doesn't delete the games just the saves itself correct?

Just checking as I'm trying to progress in a couple games that require online connectivity (Mad Max one of them) and this error keeps kicking me back.

25 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Hey @HuntingFever I've been having this error myself last couple weeks so just to reconfirm it doesn't delete the games just the saves itself correct?

Just checking as I'm trying to progress in a couple games that require online connectivity (Mad Max one of them) and this error keeps kicking me back.

I had to do this last week when the error message hit (this is the second time I've had this happen - basically the file that saves trophy data and syncs with PSN gets corrupted) AFAIK, the only work around is to delete your user and add it back.

I can confirm deleting your user profile does not delete games, but you will lose ALL game saves and ALL screenshots/saved videos.

Back those up to Plus and/or a USB. You can reinstall the saves after you recreate your user.

As an aside, there is no way to transfer screenshots or videos back - it is a one way transfer. If you like having the trophy screenshots, save them. Unfortunately, you won't ever be able to view them in your trophy lists on the PS4 again though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

I had to do this last week when the error message hit (this is the second time I've had this happen - basically the file that saves trophy data and syncs with PSN gets corrupted) AFAIK, the only work around is to delete your user and add it back.

I can confirm deleting your user profile does not delete games, but you will lose ALL game saves and ALL screenshots/saved videos.

Back those up to Plus and/or a USB. You can reinstall the saves after you recreate your user.

As an aside, there is no way to transfer screenshots or videos back - it is a one way transfer. If you like having the trophy screenshots, save them. Unfortunately, you won't ever be able to view them in your trophy lists on the PS4 again though.

This^

You will lose all your saves after deleting your profile so back them up before doing that. I must apologise for the bad info I gave last time, because I got my wires very crossed :(. Deleting your profile is the Nuclear option for fixing this problem, because you will lose a lot in the process and even more if you don't have any recent backups.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Damn will have too see what I can do then before choosing this. Trophy images would suck I lost them as have some favs. But I have still almost 1 TB of videos would need to back up.

For the cost of a new external HDD could just get a used PS4 for about the same price...

I don't believe there is a work around. You can rebuild the database or delete a 0% game from your profile (if you have one), but those options didn't work for me. I guess you could by a new console, but you'll still lose your screenshots and videos so ?

At the end of the day if you transfer over your trophy screenshots, you can have them saved on your PC - You could even, for example, take all your plat screenshots and make them a rotating wallpaper for your screen

• Like 1

Just now, diskdocx said:

I don't believe there is a work around. You can rebuild the database or delete a 0% game from your profile (if you have one), but those options didn't work for me. I guess you could by a new console, but you'll still lose your screenshots and videos so 1f44e.png

At the end of the day if you transfer over your trophy screenshots, you can have them saved on your PC - You could even, for example, take all your plat screenshots and make them a rotating wallpaper for your screen

Yeah I was just thinking at least could keep the old PS4 until I go through all the captures later.

But yeah tried doing the other methods doesn't work for me either. Just need to get it done soon as I'm doing trophies for server closures and changes this month and believe the corrupt profile error is what's causing my online connectivity issues in a couple games.

58 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Yeah I was just thinking at least could keep the old PS4 until I go through all the captures later.

But yeah tried doing the other methods doesn't work for me either. Just need to get it done soon as I'm doing trophies for server closures and changes this month and believe the corrupt profile error is what's causing my online connectivity issues in a couple games.

It might be - I wasn't able to play at all once I started getting the error. It just kept logging me out of the PS4. When I was able to play, trophies would not unlock. So basically I had no choice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, diskdocx said:

It might be - I wasn't able to play at all once I started getting the error. It just kept logging me out of the PS4. When I was able to play, trophies would not unlock. So basically I had no choice.

This^

My PS4 gave me the finger and refused to play anything or even load properly until I torched my profile and recreated it :(.