No standard edition?

Kiyan-13

Isn't there a physical standard edition of Persona 5 Royal? Only steelbook and collector's ones?

I just had decided to play Royal instead of original, even though I already have original and Royal has somehow less apealling trophy list, and now I realize there is no standard edition to add it to my collection... :(

This really sucks for people like me who like physical copies but don't collect steelbooks.

Edited by Kiyan-13

1 hour ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Isn't there a physical standard edition of Persona 5 Royal? Only steelbook and collector's ones?

I just had decided to play Royal instead of original, even though I already have original and Royal has somehow less apealling trophy list, and now I realize there is no standard edition to add it to my collection... :(

This really sucks for people like me who like physical copies but don't collect steelbooks.

https://www.amazon.com/Persona-5-Royal-Standard-PlayStation-4/dp/B085PS9F4H/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=persona+5+royal&qid=1589471435&sr=8-3

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Why don't you get the steelbook anyway? It's a cool steelbook and reasonably priced (I see it has dropped at ~45€). ?

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a standard edition in Europe down the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadsh0tdoubleG said:

Why don't you get the steelbook anyway? It's a cool steelbook and reasonably priced (I see it has dropped at ~45€). 1f604.png

It's true, the steelbook edition looks very good. I just don't collect steelbooks and it would seem odd to have 1 steelbook  in a collection of standard copies, at least to me.

2 hours ago, Deadsh0tdoubleG said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a standard edition in Europe down the road.

I hope they do, but didn't really thought this as a possibility. Do you recall something like that happening before?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

It's true, the steelbook edition looks very good. I just don't collect steelbooks and it would seem odd to have 1 steelbook  in a collection of standard copies, at least to me.

I hope they do, but didn't really thought this as a possibility. Do you recall something like that happening before?

Makes sense. Personally, I try to collect as many steelbooks as possible, so I have ended up with a mixed collection of steelbooks and regular bluray cases. ?

If I remember correctly, Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 launched that way. Afterwards, they started producing only the standard versions. And, what do you know, all three games have Deep Silver as the European distributor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deadsh0tdoubleG said:

Makes sense. Personally, I try to collect as many steelbooks as possible, so I have ended up with a mixed collection of steelbooks and regular bluray cases.

If I remember correctly, Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 launched that way. Afterwards, they started producing only the standard versions. And, what do you know, all three games have Deep Silver as the European distributor.

Most stellbooks look great, but a few of them look awful and some games don't have steelbook versions at all. That's why I prefer standard versions. Plus I think I'll go broke if I start collecting steelbooks ?

Good to know about Yakuza, it raises my hopes. Thank you!

Edited by Kiyan-13
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...