Save game issue [PS4 version]

Crispy_Oglop

This might be obvious to everyone but me. But saving in this game proved to be a pain. Despite the tutorial saying you can save your game at both the mansion and haunts, you can't actually save your game at the mansion. I found this out the hard way and ended up having to re-do the entire Hanahiko case over again. It's the only flaw i have with this game - the save game structure is pretty bad and/or not working properly.

Basically - saving from your menu in the mansion makes it look like you've saved, but it does nothing, if it's the first time you saved and you go back to Main Menu, you will only be able to select 'New Game'

In order to Save, you need to be in a haunt and in exploration/investigation mode - as in have your flashlight out and be able to look around. You should see the option in the menu called 'Record' - opening this option will actually create a proper save game file. It's the only place you can actually save any progress. So i'd recommend saving as often as you can during a haunt investigation.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

I just started the game today and it all seems well with the saving, I don't know if this is due to a patch, but it's certainly up and working now.

Can anyone else confirm? I know this game is now on sale (and because I have the best luck, I bought it before it went on sale).

Hope all of you are well!

On 5/18/2020 at 10:47 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

This might be obvious to everyone but me. But saving in this game proved to be a pain. Despite the tutorial saying you can save your game at both the mansion and haunts, you can't actually save your game at the mansion. I found this out the hard way and ended up having to re-do the entire Hanahiko case over again. It's the only flaw i have with this game - the save game structure is pretty bad and/or not working properly.

Basically - saving from your menu in the mansion makes it look like you've saved, but it does nothing, if it's the first time you saved and you go back to Main Menu, you will only be able to select 'New Game'

In order to Save, you need to be in a haunt and in exploration/investigation mode - as in have your flashlight out and be able to look around. You should see the option in the menu called 'Record' - opening this option will actually create a proper save game file. It's the only place you can actually save any progress. So i'd recommend saving as often as you can during a haunt investigation.

you can def save in the mansion dude

• 3 years later...

This is an old topic but I am playing now and I think I know what happened here because I did the same thing at first. The beginning tutorial says you can 'save and exit' from the mansion. If you click 'system' there is a 'Save & Exit' button, and it does a save data scene - but this is ONLY for the system settings. The 'exit' referred to in the tutorial is for leaving the mansion, not a part of the save feature. You save from the mansion by pressing square, not by using any of the menu options. A correct save will allow you to choose a save slot.