Trouble with death from above

Darling Baphomet

Has anyone else been having trouble with this trophy? If I go into the air to drop a bomb, all the vehicles I've spawned despawn, but trying to drop the bomb on the ground just results in the bomb bouncing off the ground in a random direction instead of just exploding.

It seems like co-op might be the best way to get this trophy.

Edit: I think I found the problem - It seems like the "Dogfighter" type planes have bouncy bombs, whereas the Carmina (the suggested plane in the guide) type planes just explode on first contact. I'd been using the Dogfighter as it was my best plane. Switching to Carmina I was just able to do it by spawning a bunch of ATVs, like the game suggested.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

The way I did this trophy was to have the plane (I did it with the Carmina, but I'm pretty sure you can do it with any plane that has a bomb) surrounded by 4 ATVs (try to get them as close as possible to the plane without blocking your entrance) and then, once you get in the plane, immediately drop the bomb. No need for co-op.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

The way I did this trophy was to have the plane (I did it with the Carmina, but I'm pretty sure you can do it with any plane that has a bomb) surrounded by 4 ATVs (try to get them as close as possible to the plane without blocking your entrance) and then, once you get in the plane, immediately drop the bomb. No need for co-op.

Hope this helps.

No, yeah, that's the problem - the bomb hits the ground immediately beneath the plane, then bounces into the air and goes somewhere else, not hitting the cars in question. I could try encircling it and hoping the bomb redirects into one of them, but it seems really glitchy.

On 09/06/2020 at 11:43 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

No, yeah, that's the problem - the bomb hits the ground immediately beneath the plane, then bounces into the air and goes somewhere else, not hitting the cars in question. I could try encircling it and hoping the bomb redirects into one of them, but it seems really glitchy.

Yeah, it's probably a bug then (game's known to be quite buggy). It's supposed to explode as soon as it hits the ground.

Indeed, you'll probably have to do this in co-op if it continues to bug for you, because you're probably not gonna find 4 vehicles tightly packed in normal gameplay (the only thing I can think of that comes close are John's armed convoys, but you'll have to hope they end up going near another car, and you obviously can't do it anymore if you've already liberated that region).

Anyway, I wish you luck on unlocking this.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

Since I did this years ago I forgot where l did this; l think it was at a friendlies airport.  

I collected the cars and parked them all together.  Now, when you park a car, keep facing it where you can see it/them, so you will have to walk backwards to get another car.  Why? Because l wasted a ton of time trying to collect cars and they disappeared when l turned my back on them!  So this was the work around.

Finally, l jumped in a plane, flew really low above the cars and kaboom.  Heres the video of me doing that part. https://youtu.be/ekKVvzJRrwY

Edited by TheGameCapsule
Spelling, grammar, help specifics
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Anyway, I wish you luck on unlocking this.

1 minute ago, TheGameCapsule said:

Since I did this year's ago I forgot where l did this; l think it was at a friendlies airport.  

Thank you for the responses! I think I found the problem - It seems like the "Dogfighter" type planes have bouncy bombs, whereas the Carmina (the suggested plane in the guide) type planes just explode on first contact. I'd been using the Dogfighter as it was my best plane. Switching to Carmina I was just able to do it by spawning a bunch of ATVs, like the game suggested.

30 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Has anyone else been having trouble with this trophy? If I go into the air to drop a bomb, all the vehicles I've spawned despawn, but trying to drop the bomb on the ground just results in the bomb bouncing off the ground in a random direction instead of just exploding.

It seems like co-op might be the best way to get this trophy.

Use the PowerPyx video. I tried watching a video that was done on Xbone and my vehicles would keep despawning before I got a chance to get in the air.

• Like 1