No Child Left Behind

Hi,

Can someone confirm something for me, does failing the Hall Monitor Boss fight mess this trophy up? I failed this boss fight by not countering the Boss' channelling so it led him to ring my parents and failed the mission. It put me back to the point where I get the gold key and I had to redo the boss fight. No one died during this but I'm just worried this messes it up.

Please someone clarify!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, cultodaostra said:

what do you guys think is the best strategy to pop this trophy from scratch? a speedrun?

There is no strategy. You just play through the main story making sure your buddy is never knocked out at the end of a fight. Just make sure you're always stocked up on revive potions and healing potions just in case and that's basically it as far as strategy goes. It's very easy. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I still have no idea what went wrong for it not to pop in my first playthrough, but I only had 1 official Game Over that I had to reload my save for in the new playthrough and that was cuz I was dumb enough to fight Al Gore without Jimmy.

Other than that my only deaths were at the hands of the stupid abortions cuz the game doesn’t recognize the controls properly. But for that, I always reloaded before the explosion or the gunfire happened.

It’s kinda annoying how this same trophy caused me to redo the entire game again in the PS4 stack like it did on PS3.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:42 AM, cultodaostra said:

what do you guys think is the best strategy to pop this trophy from scratch? a speedrun?

I speedran the game in about 9 hours.

I avoided almost all battles in Canada. Grinded about $500+ while playing through the Story to get some key things and buy everything in Canada just cause.

A very good way to grind money is to break the parking meters and newspaper kiosks starting from the City Wok area to Skeeter’s Bar and then break the ATM inside. Head back to City Wok flag and break the items again, then fast travel to downtown (next to City Hall) and then break all the parking meters and Newspaper Kiosks until you reach the other Downtown flag and then rinse and repeat. It feels slow, but it’s pretty fast considering you can avoid all enemy encounters. This is ideally done after the Zombie outbreak because the elves are super aggressive. But it can still be done. You should grind about $30 - $50 in between Story Missions.

The goal is to buy the two Lvl 14 weapons at Jimbo’s shop, get all 4 Summons, grind levels until you hit 15, and get the revive perk first. Then equip the Valkyrie Costume and customize all the equipment and costumes with good patches and strap-ons.

Other than that, I just played the game as a fighter, mastered spinning the L stick to maximize damage as Butters for his Ability. Use Butters for the majority of the game. Played around with status effects like bleeding, burning, and gross out to KO Armored and very strong enemies. Once I unlocked Cartman though, I used him more for multiple targets and fire damage. Stan imho is the worst buddy because of how limited his damage output is against Armored enemies, but his Abilities also pale in comparison to the others.

Had I played it more efficiently and smarter, I could’ve completed the run in about 4-5 hours. I completed a lot of unnecessary Side Missions, didn’t skip cutscenes, and grinded way too much money because I forgot you could just sell junk and you can make do with weapons and Armor given to you until you hit 14+.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666