Matchmaking is a joke?

18€ in a shop, what a deal.

Lets play REsistance before the main game...

Level 1, survivor

VS Cerberus Lv 53, 74, 91...

Gold zombies, strange creatures spreading purple smoke...

2 min of "gameplay", something like be mugged of countless people in the middle of nowhere...

Die, die and die.

Totally unplayable at the moment.

How many matches have you played?

According to the patch notes, for the PS4 at least, match making is meant to prioritise players of a similar rank/skill level.

Of course if these criteria can't be met you will get lumped into any available match.

Its pretty extreme to claim the game is unplayable.

Edited by objectioner
  • Like 2

It could get better if you play it a bit more and get better at it.

The game can feel really unfair when you've just started out as a survivor player and have no idea about any of the layouts or what the mastermind is capable of and how generally anything works. It's really easy to get destroyed at that point, and that can feel pretty frustrating.

The matchmaking in particular can often feel like that. When I started I got paired together with other low lvls usually against lvl20+ masterminds. Got destroyed most of the time but that's fine as it's a learning experience. Once I got to higher levels, I kept getting paired with lower level players and still got destroyed a lot, usually due to lack of any kind of teamplay, which will punish you pretty hard as it's a 1vs4 game. Was even more fun when I started playing as a mastermind because then all of a sudden I kept facing only teams of lvl50+ survivors together, with the occasional lowbie thrown in. Guessing they were using team matchmaking.

That all said, I had some good games there too during the three weeks or so it took me to finish the trophy list.

• 8 months later...

This is so true. Started trying to play as a mastermind and at level 1 I'm constantly facing full teams of level 100 plus every game that end each round in 2 minutes. I'm sure some of the "just get good" crowd will like to add their 2 cents but how exactly do you do that when you don't even get an opportunity to do anything. If there actually is matchmaking in this game I'd hate to see how unbalanced it is without it 

21 minutes ago, stevebirden said:

This is so true. Started trying to play as a mastermind and at level 1 I'm constantly facing full teams of level 100 plus every game that end each round in 2 minutes. I'm sure some of the "just get good" crowd will like to add their 2 cents but how exactly do you do that when you don't even get an opportunity to do anything. If there actually is matchmaking in this game I'd hate to see how unbalanced it is without it 

Match-making is indeed one of the primary issues with the game, among other balance concerns that plague the game. I highly doubt Capcom is going to fix it, unfortunately, considering the latest and final update was implemented last year.