Matrix fight L1 R1 sequences

Ozzy_1907

I'm doing my first playthrough of the game on easy and I'm completely stuck at the end of the matrix fight where you escape from helicopters. L1 R1 sequences at this part seem completely random for deciding fail /pass. I'm always mashing as quickly as possible but sometimes it fails me at the beginning of the sequence and sometimes I make it to the end fail there. 

For the wall running part, I watched several videos and bar level increases and decreases but it seems enough to pass it. When I do it, as soon as my bar goes down I fail the sequence. 

Anyone else had difficulty at this part? I'd appreciate any tips. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue and after trying for 2 weeks straight just gave up on this platinum. The only trophy left is to complete Oracle fight without losing a life and could not get past L1 R1 sequence when escaping helicopters.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Think I figured it out go slower! I decided to not mash like a maniac, but instead take my time to make sure that I definitely alternated between L1 and R1 each time. I done if first time doing it this way. It appears that if you hit L1 twice before hitting R2 it will instantly fail it.  

Anyone know the trick, do you have to be super fast or Just continuous? Do you start button mashing when you get the warning to get ready or do you not start until it’s time? Rather than make a new topic I thought I’d ask here.

Edited by Lukejordan16

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2020 at 5:38 PM, Ozzy_1907 said:

I did it after trying for a few days and I still think there's sth broken about it. Just keep trying after taking some break from it. You'll eventually get it. 

Well, took a break for 3 years and just now got it on 2nd try.

Edit: Turns out, I chose wrong save and beat it on easy. Still can't pass it on hard during L1 R1 sequence.

Edited by ReoJee

• 2 months later...

Yes, I found this out during the Tiffany's window section.  If you go around 2-3 button presses a second, that is the sweet spot.  Going as fast as possible won't get you anywhere later in the game (other than a hand cramp)

EDIT: This works on all the L1/R1 sections, it doesn't seem to care so much about speed as having a steady rhythm.

Edited by cycoivan