Final Boss Glitch on Invincible Difficulty

Hi Guys,

So i have been battling away at Iron Man VR the past week. Fun but flawed game, unfortunately so flawed I cannot obtain the Plat due to a glitch. 

I had no problem with this on my first play through on normal difficulty however on my Invincible playthrough i am encountering a massive problem where (spoilers) I attempt the rocket punch on the final bosses chest only for it to completely freeze. I have re-started the mission, restarted the console numerous times now without change. 

This is so disappointing as i found the level before really hard to beat and now only to find i now cannot complete the plat due to this issue.

Has anyone else encountered the same thing?? Or anyone who has any advice it would be appericated 

Thanks all  

I didn't have this specific issue, but I did have an issue where my Platinum Trophy wouldn't appear on the shelving unit in the Garage.

I reloaded the garage in a few different ways but nothing worked so I closed the game from the PS-button menu and when I re-loaded it, I think an update had installed. What makes me think this is that the loading screens now showed me which Combat Trophies I had completed by displaying them in gold, rather than only showing me the ones I still needed to do, which was something it had never done before. After this, I was able to see my platinum trophy on the shelf.

Is your copy physical or digital?

If it's digital and you have re-installed it then it can't be an issue with updates, but if you have a physical copy see if you can check for updates or something.

Worst-case scenario is that there's an issue in your save file which is causing the corruption preventing you from finishing that stage. I'd recommend completing a different chapter or challenge mission to force the game to make a new autosave, and then try again.

Failing that, you might sadly need to start a new game...

I hope all that helps! Good luck!

• Like 1

On 17/07/2020 at 7:56 PM, TheDblTap said:

I didn't have this specific issue, but I did have an issue where my Platinum Trophy wouldn't appear on the shelving unit in the Garage.

I reloaded the garage in a few different ways but nothing worked so I closed the game from the PS-button menu and when I re-loaded it, I think an update had installed. What makes me think this is that the loading screens now showed me which Combat Trophies I had completed by displaying them in gold, rather than only showing me the ones I still needed to do, which was something it had never done before. After this, I was able to see my platinum trophy on the shelf.

Is your copy physical or digital?

If it's digital and you have re-installed it then it can't be an issue with updates, but if you have a physical copy see if you can check for updates or something.

Worst-case scenario is that there's an issue in your save file which is causing the corruption preventing you from finishing that stage. I'd recommend completing a different chapter or challenge mission to force the game to make a new autosave, and then try again.

Failing that, you might sadly need to start a new game...

I hope all that helps! Good luck!

i have the physical version. i tried re-installing and pausing the latest patch to see if that was it. It wasnt and still happened. I dont think i can replay the game on that difficulty again, it was such a slog haha. Maybe i will try doing a couple of challenges and try again. If that doesnt work maybe a patch might fix it but i have sent a tweet to the devs no reply as yet. Thanks for the advice

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just an off the wall suggestion... Do you have an SSD in your PlayStation? I was encountering a freezing glitch in Time Machine VR similar to your issue. I had this crazy idea to install the game on my external HDD instead. Game didn't freeze and I was able to make it past the troubled part. Good luck.

11 hours ago, NeFwed said:

Hey, just an off the wall suggestion... Do you have an SSD in your PlayStation? I was encountering a freezing glitch in Time Machine VR similar to your issue. I had this crazy idea to install the game on my external HDD instead. Game didn't freeze and I was able to make it past the troubled part. Good luck.

No mate, i dont BUT i got a friend to log into my PSN account and now have the plat! Thanks for the reply though

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Guys I'm struggling in mission 11 (invincible difficulty) in the cave: the first Ghost attack kill me with no chance to reach my repulser on her

I mean it's within 1 sec between the arc ready and when the Ghost touch me (with game over)

Any tips?

Edit: ok I completed the chapter: it was necessary to do only one shot per ghost!

Edited by Buriki-One