Pestilence Glitch

Hello! So maybe you all can help me. I'm trying to do the side quest "Pestilence", and I've made the potion correctly. It says "Merhojed cure" in my inventory. So I go back to Merhojed, like the quest says, and speak to Demericus, and he says that everyone had died and we were too late. I thought it had failed me because I had fast traveled. So I tried again and actually followed him all the way to town. I watched him sit down on a bench and asked him again. STILL the same outcome that everyone had died and that we were too late. 

Suggestions? What do I do? Is this a bug?? If someone can help, I'd appreciate it. 

~L.G. <3

• 3 weeks later...

Did you do anything unrelated to the quest once you started it, like anything at all? I remember when I did it, as soon as the quest triggered I immediately dropped everything and finished it. I didn't want to risk it lol

You might want to try reloading an earlier save, preferably where you haven't quite yet, but you're on the cusps of triggering the pestilence quest, and do nothing but those objectives until everyone is saved. That is really the only thing I can think of that might be causing you problems 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22-7-2020 at 4:50 AM, Lady_Galleth said:

Hello! So maybe you all can help me. I'm trying to do the side quest "Pestilence", and I've made the potion correctly. It says "Merhojed cure" in my inventory. So I go back to Merhojed, like the quest says, and speak to Demericus, and he says that everyone had died and we were too late. I thought it had failed me because I had fast traveled. So I tried again and actually followed him all the way to town. I watched him sit down on a bench and asked him again. STILL the same outcome that everyone had died and that we were too late. 

Suggestions? What do I do? Is this a bug?? If someone can help, I'd appreciate it. 

~L.G. <3

You didn't happen to tell Nicodemus to cure the captive bandit first?