Manuals, am I the only one that misses them?

Solnir

So I got my copy of GTA V yesterday while my mum got a copy of Harvest Moon: A New Beginning.

For some reason I noticed that neither game actually has a manual. GTA has a little 'leaflet' with controls listed and Harvest Moon has a leaflet with basic bits on.

I know this isn't a new revelation but I just happened to notice it more yesterday and I can't remember the last game I got that actually had a decent manual.

What I'm getting at is that games don't have the 2" thick manuals anymore and would rather tack a tutorial level onto their games instead. Sometimes this gets long and tedious, it took about 45mins for her to get started in HM yesterday.

Who else misses the days of reading the manual on the bus coming home or on the toilet while it installs?

Who welcomes the death of the manual because they prefer digital copies of games?

What is your opinion?

I for one would rather have a lengthy, in-depth manual than a half-baked, tacked on tutorial anyday, so I find it rather annoying that instruction manuals are becoming less prevalent these days. I was annoyed when I got Mass Effect 3, I open it expecting it to see a manual, and what do I see instead? A slip with the web address for the digital manual on it... talk about a waste of paper!  :shakefist:

Edited by Blanc