Trophy glitch

BabyGrinch86

16 minutes ago, Barney071986 said:

I have played this since release on ea access and can't unlock Welcome To Crater I have replayed the tutorial 5 times already

I’m having the same issue, though I’m not playing through EA Access. I guess the latest patch broke it? 

4 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I started two days ago and got the trophy, so I don't think it's because of the latest patch.

I wonder what the issue is then, I started on Friday after the latest patch and haven’t gotten it. So far I’ve finished the tutorial twice. 

If I recall correctly, it came after the tutorial part. It forced me to play a game of rocketbot attack to unlock the other game modes, then popped. I wonder if you need to do all of that without skipping.

I can try on an alt account of you want me to and figure out exactly what it took.

Edited by spacey_dweeb

11 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

If I recall correctly, it came after the tutorial part. It forced me to play a game of rocketbot attack to unlock the other game modes, then popped. I wonder if you need to do all of that without skipping.

I can try on an alt account of you want me to and figure out exactly what it took.

I don’t think there is a way to skip, I’ve played it through twice without any luck. If it isn’t too much trouble, you’re more than welcome to try on an alt account to confirm that it still works for you :)

I popped it on my alt account yesterday. There's a tutorial portion where you have to play as Jayto where you have to learn to move and rocket jump etc. Then it spits you out to a screen where you can only play RocketBot Knockout.

1.jpg

After playing a match, I landed on the below screen...

2.jpg

After exiting this screen, still no trophy. It was when I clicked the option to Play that it happened. It plays an unlocking animation showing the other modes are available, and the trophy pops during that animation.

3.jpg

As people have mentioned, I didn't see a way to bypass the tutorial, so I'm sure you've all done these steps, but I wanted to post so you knew exactly when to be expecting the trophy to pop. As maybe some keep doing just the part with Jayto expecting it to pop. As a note, I have the regular edition on digital. 

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 2

If replaying the Jayto bit can’t make it pop, then I guess the trophy is unobtainable for people that didn’t get it as intended, since the other stuff only happens once. There is no way to delete my saves either to start fresh, since all saves are server-side.

Thanks for going the extra mile to help btw!

Edited by DKShadow

On 8/19/2020 at 4:04 PM, DKShadow said:

If replaying the Jayto bit can’t make it pop, then I guess the trophy is unobtainable for people that didn’t get it as intended, since the other stuff only happens once. There is no way to delete my saves either to start fresh, since all saves are server-side.

Thanks for going the extra mile to help btw!

I think there might be a way. I'll test tonight and report back. 

**Edit** Nope it didn't pan out. You can usually earn trophies on a guest account and then when you sign it in as you, those trophies will move to the main account. But Rocket Arena requires you sign in to use the network features, so you can't earn the trophies first.

Edited by spacey_dweeb