Having Abit of trouble with the area 42 challenges

Taliesin_2943

Rampage- Ok so I'm following the video guide on here by skating around and tossing tanks into other tanks but the bar is barely filling up and to make matters worse I'm getting shot to death because I can't focus on blowing up tanks plus killing the infinit respawning enemies who have a bead on me no matter what and half the time the tanks are spawning in the area outside where I'm allowed to go is there a problem with this current patch or a trick I'm missing? My shield is maxed out and I have maxed skating do it's infinite 

Abduction- nothing I toss into the beam makes the bar go up much even though it says larger objects give more points I'm tossing airplanes, tanks, trucks, army men just about anything I can and I barely get it to half an inch progress before time runs out

Edited by Taliesin_2943

I know when it came to the Area 42 Rampage on my end, got lucky at times when I'd get multiple tanks close together.  I would use the Ion Detonator on them and trying to get ammo for it back up using objects.  As for the Area 42 Abduction, the best run has been 76 of the 90 required to get the three-star rating.  Even if I get what looks like a good thing with a good chunk of trucks and tanks.   With that, it doesn't seem to be good enough by the time I get back to the airport, with the putting the planes in the beam for the extra points.  Area 42 Abduction and Capitol City Race are the two challenges that are preventing me from obtaining the platinum trophy.

3 hours ago, Aanginator said:

I know when it came to the Area 42 Rampage on my end, got lucky at times when I'd get multiple tanks close together.  I would use the Ion Detonator on them and trying to get ammo for it back up using objects.  As for the Area 42 Abduction, the best run has been 76 of the 90 required to get the three-star rating.  Even if I get what looks like a good thing with a good chunk of trucks and tanks.   With that, it doesn't seem to be good enough by the time I get back to the airport, with the putting the planes in the beam for the extra points.  Area 42 Abduction and Capitol City Race are the two challenges that are preventing me from obtaining the platinum trophy.

For me it's the 2 area 42 and a couple from the next few areas like the one for killing workers or tossing workers into the beam there's like no workers around to kill or abduct and your stuck in a fairly small area and for the rampage I've practically nuked the whole area with ion detonator and the like and it's like sorry not nearly enough. I think whatever they did broke the challenges in the worst way. I'm following the videos from on here and powerpyx aswell and while they are racking up the points I'm barely getting movement on the bar for doing the exact same thing like exactly the same

I just recently got the three-star rating for the Abduction for Area 42, after I don't know how many failed attempts I had.  Was able to get like 90 or 91 to just pass it.  Thankfully it was the last one I was able to get up to three-stars to platinum it.  If I had a chance to try platinum the game again, likely will pass on doing that with the trouble with some challenges.

39 minutes ago, Aanginator said:

I just recently got the three-star rating for the Abduction for Area 42, after I don't know how many failed attempts I had.  Was able to get like 90 or 91 to just pass it.  Thankfully it was the last one I was able to get up to three-stars to platinum it.  If I had a chance to try platinum the game again, likely will pass on doing that with the trouble with some challenges.

Do you think it's messed up by a patch or game design and do u think it'll be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

Rampage:

This was a pain, once I had all weapons upgraded, I tended to weaken the tanks with the Ray followed by an Ion Grenade and got 3 stars with 5 seconds remaining, the final blow will determine how much DNA you get, so finish with Grenades.

I found it tedious to keep spamming the Ion Grenades, and the Ray kills tanks quicker than the Grenades, which helped get the numbers up when I couldn't Transmog any more Grenades.

I tended to stay on the roof away from soldiers, the Grenades make short work of them anyway :)

Abduction:

This was torture, I found out when I followed the beam around, it floated over piles of crates and barrels, I spammed R1 constantly looking at anywhere between 5-10 small items and it was far quicker than when I tried to be too accurate with aiming everything upwards to the beam.

When I got past the minefield near the start, there were 3 wooden spikes which are considered large items.

This is tough I scraped 91/90, you need to be PKing consistently, I hated the soldiers so I abducted them and all their vehicles.

Towards the end, there are larger items at the doors of the airplane hangars which should prove decisive, as well as planes the opposite side.

Hoping this helps, keep at it, and best of luck!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hoff_jager said:

Rampage:

This was a pain, once I had all weapons upgraded, I tended to weaken the tanks with the Ray followed by an Ion Grenade and got 3 stars with 5 seconds remaining, the final blow will determine how much DNA you get, so finish with Grenades.

I found it tedious to keep spamming the Ion Grenades, and the Ray kills tanks quicker than the Grenades, which helped get the numbers up when I couldn't Transmog any more Grenades.

I tended to stay on the roof away from soldiers, the Grenades make short work of them anyway :)

Abduction:

This was torture, I found out when I followed the beam around, it floated over piles of crates and barrels, I spammed R1 constantly looking at anywhere between 5-10 small items and it was far quicker than when I tried to be too accurate with aiming everything upwards to the beam.

When I got past the minefield near the start, there were 3 wooden spikes which are considered large items.

This is tough I scraped 91/90, you need to be PKing consistently, I hated the soldiers so I abducted them and all their vehicles.

Towards the end, there are larger items at the doors of the airplane hangars which should prove decisive, as well as planes the opposite side.

Hoping this helps, keep at it, and best of luck!

I'll keep at it definitely my biggest issue with pk is it is finicky about grabbing and tossing stuff like sometimes it will grab stuff but it'll just hold it can't toss it drop and it's like having a booger stuck to u u fling and fling and it just won't go and then sometimes it won't pick up anything or it'll pick up something I'm not aiming for.....

As for the tanks bit my biggest issue is lack of tanks they usually spawn off outside the designated area or they spawn near the gate and leave the area and the ion detonator likes to just blow up 1 thing at a time like I can have 2 tanks in the blast feilds and 1 gets zero damage and I'm just like wtf

And similar issues with other areas where like workers don't spawn in the areas do I can't toss them into the beam or kill them I spend my whole timer just killing the 2-3 that spawn in the area and run around looking for a couple more. I feel the big problem is it's all rng and it's heavily unbalanced for the player I kinda wish we could use real grenades lol just start living them and boom or multi pick up pk....

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 1:13 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Do you think it's messed up by a patch or game design and do u think it'll be fixed?

With what I knew of playing through the Abduction at Area 42.  I lost track how many times there'd be a tank in this one spot then another time it wouldn't be there.  Was so weird when that would happen.