Should Share-Play Trophies be considered illegitimate?

LancashireLad87

On 10/1/2020 at 6:42 PM, Spaz said:

The gaming ethics in trophy hunting were tossed out the window back in 2008 - 2009. Same with Xbox Achievements.

Soft disagree. It's less that ethics was abandoned and more that technology options expanded. As is the case anytime a new technological solution is discovered/invented, there are going to be growing pains as the new thing has to find a place with what already exists. Shareplay was a gamechanger in a lot of areas, this is just the way the cards fell for achievement hunters.

1 minute ago, VegaTheGreat said:

To allow someone to shareplay your game

wouldn't that mean you need to hand to them your account and pass so that they can log in?

Can't fathom how one would leak such info on strangers.

I believe you only need to be friends with someone on PSN and then join a party together. The host must have a PlayStation plus subscription who begins a share-play session and then the person hosting the share-play can choose to give control of the game to whoever is watching them so they can earn the trophy for them.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's both a yes and no answer. 

Yes as its like back in the old days of gaming where you would pass the controller to your mate if you were stuck on a part. The exception being that now you earn a trophy for succeeding. 

No in that if you're being competitive in a sort of trophy race with others then it can be a bit crap to have someone do the trophy for you. 

Personally I don't have a problem with it. I actually had someone do one for me on a previous profile but its not something I would do again. Just felt like the whole games completion was a waste of time for me.