Sonic Lost World delayed for US, Deadly Six trailer, opening cutscene

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/09/23/the-deadly-six-featured-in-latest-sonic-lost-world-trailer/

SEGA has offered up sort of a “choose-your-own-adventure” trailer which allows viewers to select each member of the Deadly Six and in turn view a short preview of the boss battles featured in Sonic Lost World. The trailer, seen above, highlights the various battles Sonic will take part in to reach whatever end boss Sonic Team has in store for players. Interestingly, it appears that the game will have sub-bosses and main bosses, sort of a throwback to Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Eagle eyed viewers will notice that certain elements of boss battles carry over to background elements seen in later stages. Nice touch.

Unfortunately, there is some bad news. Fans have noticed that the American version of the trailer pushed the game’s release date back from October 22nd to the 29th.

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/09/23/check-out-the-sonic-lost-world-opening-cutscene/

Seems that Gametrailers got access to a direct feed gameplay session with your boys over at SEGA and in the start of the footage they included the opening cutscene from the game.

So what stage are they demoing? Windy Hill Zone 3, in case you wanted to see the whole video.

Delay makes me sad, but it looks like this will be another Generations level Sonic game.  This makes me happy.

Edited by Sonic

Sorry for my bad choice of words. Sega hasn't been successful with games in this current gen. I guess i shouldn't judge a game by it's cover. 

It's alright, it's not too of a farfetched thing to assume, I mean, yeah, you could say that about the first half of the gen's Sonic games.  Just so you know, Generations and Colors have gotten various amounts of praise too, Generations more than Colors from what I hear (Generations was 2011, Colors was 2010)

Sorry for my bad choice of words. Sega hasn't been successful with games in this current gen. I guess i shouldn't judge a game by it's cover. 

Sega are dirty bastards. They know how much I want Shenmue III and they refuse to do anything about it.  :lol:

Really though, the early generation Sonic games weren't amazing (I wouldn't personally say there were awful either) but they have definitely been improving over the last 4 or so games they've released. In fact, I'd rate Generations lower than Sonic Adventure but above Adventure II and this new game looks even better. Sega are still dirty bastards but they are starting to make awesome Sonic games again.

Parker

Could be worse, I came into this thread expecting it be delayed to early next year.

Sega are dirty bastards. They know how much I want Shenmue III and they refuse to do anything about it.  :lol:

Really though, the early generation Sonic games weren't amazing (I wouldn't personally say there were awful either) but they have definitely been improving over the last 4 or so games they've released. In fact, I'd rate Generations lower than Sonic Adventure but above Adventure II and this new game looks even better. Sega are still dirty bastards but they are starting to make awesome Sonic games again.

Personally I'd put Generations in front of Adventure 1 and Colors above them all haha. :) 

And keep wanting Shenmue 3... It'll happen!