Which is your favorite video game adaptation of a movie / tv series / cartoon / comic book ?

kratosgreatsword

I can't pick just one! So here's my highlights:

• Lego games are always good fun.
  • The recent Spider-Man game was really good.
  • The first Walking Dead Telltale game was amazing (the rest of the series was kinda meh...)
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth and The Fractured But Whole were hilarious!
  • Steven Universe: Save the Light - I played this after the series ended and I was feeling really bittersweet about it. It's not a terrific game, pretty standard RPG gameplay, but completing it gave me a bit more closure on the franchise.
  • Like 1

Just like @Neocarleen, I can’t give only one; I won’t like all adaptations for the same reasons.

Big win:

• Alien: Isolation. I’m not being very original here, but despite a few forgivable flaws, this game captured the essence of the first Alien.
  • Both South Park games. Well... I chose Kenny as my PSN id, what do you expect?
  • The Batman: Arkham... franchise. Really love what they did, there. Atmosphere, voice acting, etc.

Quite OK:

• Mad Max. Not incredible, some flaws, kind of overstays its welcome, but good ambience.
  • Deadpool. Not incredibly good either, but had some very stupidly funny moments.

Fail:

• Predator: Hunting Grounds. It’s OK for a while, but not enough maps, clunky shooting, only one mode, etc., kill the game after a short while.

Über heap of shameful rubbish:

• Conan: Exiles. :facepalm:

Accessit:

• You didn’t ask about books (other than comic books), but if they were allowed, I would certainly list The Witcher 3 and the Metro franchise.
  • Also games that are not direct adaptations but are so close that they could, like The Last of Us (The Road and Children of Men mashed together in a zombie apocalypse setting) and Detroit: Become Human (The Real Humans is strong in this one).
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Just like @Neocarleen, I can’t give only one; I won’t like all adaptations for the same reasons.

Big win:

• Alien: Isolation. I’m not being very original here, but despite a few forgivable flaws, this game captured the essence of the first Alien.
  • Both South Park games. Well... I chose Kenny as my PSN id, what do you expect?
  • The Batman: Arkham... franchise. Really love what they did, there. Atmosphere, voice acting, etc.

Quite OK:

• Mad Max. Not incredible, some flaws, kind of overstays its welcome, but good ambience.
  • Deadpool. Not incredibly good either, but had some very stupidly funny moments.

Fail:

• Predator: Hunting Grounds. It’s OK for a while, but not enough maps, clunky shooting, only one mode, etc., kill the game after a short while.

Über heap of shameful rubbish:

• Conan: Exiles. :facepalm:

Accessit:

• You didn’t ask about books (other than comic books), but if they were allowed, I would certainly list The Witcher 3 and the Metro franchise.
  • Also games that are not direct adaptations but are so close that they could, like The Last of Us (The Road and Children of Men mashed together in a zombie apocalypse setting) and Detroit: Become Human (The Real Humans is strong in this one).

South park games are hilarious but stupid fun ?

• Like 1