Late Boomer trophy - helpful tip? I guess.

HaserPL

So I've been trying to get this trophy for about 3/4 hours now, and after I've got to 14 bombs 4 times already, one of two things would happen - either my bomb would destroy only one of the ship's bombs, or there's chaos on the screen bigger than what's happening right now around the world. So, the frustration made me think about one game, Raiden 4, which had a useful tip which made the platinum considerably easier - PAUSE BUTTON SPAM! Yes, I don't know why my brain thought of that but I'm glad it did because it actually got me the trophy after a few tries. What I did was, right thumb on the start button and the left on the L3 and whenever I was in a spot that was getting a little too hot for my taste, I'd mash the pause button but not too fast, it was a casual mash, just so I could have a second to think where to move my ship. One big advantage I noticed (i may be wrong though), the ship reacts faster to 180* turns if you hold the L3 in the direction you want to move towards while on the pause menu. It was noticeably faster for me, and it saved my life a few times during my trophy run. Anyways, thought it might help someone who's stuck on this trophy.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Hey, thank you for the tip !

I came back to this game yesterday (after 12 years... lol) and managed to get to 14 bombs like 2 times in one hour. Then I read you tip and gave this a shot and in 30 minutes I even went to 17 bombs in a few attempts, so yes the pause trick definitely help getting out of tricky situations :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This tip works for some unintended situation from which you quickly need to navigate out of. My experiences is if you make a habit out of it, you'll make it worse. If you get to a particularly exciting stage like having 14 bombs, you'll likely start over-maneuvering. Stopping your flow in that situation will increase your chances of making silly mistakes. I speak from experience; I did beautiful evasions for quite some time during one game, but more than often what got me was some unseen little shrapnel at 14 bombs I could have easily avoided if I were still as observant as I was flying around fast.

But yeah, it definitely helps if you're in a situation like trapped inside the asteroid ring. But I would advice using it sparingly, because you're better off moving fast and staying in that state of mind.

I finally 100 %:d this game yesterday, after over 8 years of first playing it. Not surprisingly, the last one to get was Late Boomer. I've noticed that almost all the guide videos feature some level of luck such as the second bomber spawning right next to the first one. Rarely, if ever, do I remember this happening.

It took me, I think, close to 200 tries to get this sadistic trophy. I don't remember the exact details of the winning try, but this is what I consistently did and I think this happened during the achieving attempt. Follow the first bomber and do what you can to get the mines to dislodge the bombs. You might get lucky and get two for none. But don't get too hung up on that.

I ultimately just focused on staying alive. I avoided the gravity point of asteroids and whenever I heard the mines coming, I put as much distance between them as I could.

If you survive long enough, the chances of getting stuff like shield increase as do the bombers. I guess my prime advice would be: put surviving for as long as you can your priority and don't fret too much about catching the bombers.

• Like 1