Balance issues?

lilpain97

As title says does anyone think the balance is messed up? The game scales with you so leveling feels kinda useless ( this has benefits though ) main issue im seeing is none effective moves doing half your health or crits being way to common to a point it doesn't matter if its effective or not. Another thing is because of the issue mentioned before, you fight like 2 tamers and your likely losing a few mons or have to use a bunch of potions. I just feel like whats the point of having effective moves or none effective moves if a strong move will still obliterate my health? This is same for me on AI, I can 1 hit ( usually 2 as it leaves on 13 or less ) water and flying and even if it ain't effective its still likely 3 hitting them.

To add, some boss battles against tamers are outright dumb at times. Has 4 mons or 5 and the powerful one on top? Boss battles in general feel really sadistic at times with healing, insane health, insane ST, insane damage. So pile on top crits, none effective moves and status affects being extremely common you're usually left with 1 mon half dead after battle. Cores can help some of these issues but if a boss hits you with an effective move its likely GG for that mon. Don't say switch to a different mon as they just get a free attack and because again issues mentioned before you're likely dead after 3 hits

Im liking the game and haven't had a team fully die yet ( just beat the second shrine boss ) but yh this issue kinda makes battles feel all over the place. 

Edited by lilpain97

I like the level scaling, its different and now the early zones also still have a challange. But this means you can overpower 1 Nexomon and destroy everything.
All of this game is more tactics. Like you said the bosses have powerfull and sometimes more nexos. But at least they are worthy of the name BOSS.

I think it just takes time to fully grasp the game difficulty/tactics. At leaste its a very fun game overall. Nice to play when your watching netflix, listening to spotify or something like that.

4 hours ago, PrimalxFear said:

I like the level scaling, its different and now the early zones also still have a challange. But this means you can overpower 1 Nexomon and destroy everything.
All of this game is more tactics. Like you said the bosses have powerfull and sometimes more nexos. But at least they are worthy of the name BOSS.

I think it just takes time to fully grasp the game difficulty/tactics. At leaste its a very fun game overall. Nice to play when your watching netflix, listening to spotify or something like that.

I like the game and I assume im getting unlucky or new patch helped a bit? I dunno but stuff ain't hitting as hard now which is weird.

So far 15hrs in and im not bored at all, seeing each new mon and figuring out what moveset I want + cores is fun. I also like how the tamers will swap out to different mons and force you to switch it up if match up ain't great. 

4 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

I like the game and I assume im getting unlucky or new patch helped a bit? I dunno but stuff ain't hitting as hard now which is weird.

So far 15hrs in and im not bored at all, seeing each new mon and figuring out what moveset I want + cores is fun. I also like how the tamers will swap out to different mons and force you to switch it up if match up ain't great. 

i think a big part of that could have been due to being early game. things would die super fast up until mid 20s or so but now being super effective or not actually matters.

As for Bosses depending on the strategy you use they are very easy. My team has roughly been the same level as the enemies the whole way through but i havent struggled at all. before i used the drain strategy of getting rid of 20% stamina each turn which made tyrants pretty easy to deal with. That move got patched down to 8% per turn so i use absolute barrier now and my nexomon just doesnt die and can solo teams if i give it elixirs 

Edited by Ampplaca

5 hours ago, Ampplaca said:

i think a big part of that could have been due to being early game. things would die super fast up until mid 20s or so but now being super effective or not actually matters.

As for Bosses depending on the strategy you use they are very easy. My team has roughly been the same level as the enemies the whole way through but i havent struggled at all. before i used the drain strategy of getting rid of 20% stamina each turn which made tyrants pretty easy to deal with. That move got patched down to 8% per turn so i use absolute barrier now and my nexomon just doesnt die and can solo teams if i give it elixirs 

I now currently stomp literally everything effective or not lol. As soon as you get massive damage moves say bye to everything. Just make them use more ST then destroy with anything that says massive damage like EMP, Tsunami, Solar flare ect. If effective its likely hitting 90s to 100+ depending on what level and cores you have

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

I now currently stomp literally everything effective or not lol. As soon as you get massive damage moves say bye to everything. Just make them use more ST then destroy with anything that says massive damage like EMP, Tsunami, Solar flare ect. If effective its likely hitting 90s to 100+ depending on what level and cores you have

I struggled the first few boss fights but now I have 4 Experience 3 cores and 4 destruction 3 cores and I can level up a mon in like 5 to 7 battles, and I just make sure to level up at least 6 times before I head to my next major encounter. So far, my battles have been way more manageable and I've only lost a month or 2 because I got too cocky, but before I was getting wiped and only had 1 left. Is scales but I think the major encounters do not, so if you level and strengthen your team, wild fights and 90% of tamers can be ignored, beeline to your boss fights and handle them. Also found it best to, since the wild mons scale too, I bring my mon to an area where they are usually effective against those wild creatures..makes leveling way more efficient and less of a headache

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
57 minutes ago, CaIIMeBeat said:

Just a Sidenote: 

If you have lv99 Nexomons, the game scales only up to lv75-80 ish.

whitch makes things much easier :) 
Specially with Vados :)

Game was much harder before all the patches, they ended up nerfing stuff, adding healing crystals ect. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I recently got into extinction. for anyone having difficulties with the game going with Gekoko (lightning starter) and getting heal and drain is really great. drain is so good on the big bosses. Also got 4 exp cores setup on him and 4 exp copying cores on my backup nexomon. cleared the game while using only 2 nexomon most of the game