Dune - 2020 Trailer & Discussion

Crzy Minus

Denis Villeneuve's Dune is without a doubt my most anticipated film of 2020. I've never read the book myself but I'm aware of it's beloved reputation on science fiction literature. A version of Dune directed by David Lynch came out in 1984 but never flew with many people, a very different version directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky was supposed to come out but never saw the light of day, which brings us to this current version. Denis not only proved himself as a master filmmaker but also for the sci-fi genre with films like Arrival and Blade Runner 2049, and based on this trailer it's no evident that it'll be a greater epic.

Cannot wait.

Edit: It got pushed to 2021 lol

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It was my most anticipated movie as well. Loved Villeneuve's last 3 films. He's one of my favourite directors at the moment.

Sad to see that it wasn't even moved to early 2021. It's set for October 2021. So we're a full year away. I totally understand the decision, it's just an unfortunate situation for everyone. 

Well, at least now I will have the time to maybe read the book and watch the 1984 version, and maybe Jodorowsky's Dune documentary as well. I also haven't seen Villeneuve's Prisoners and Enemy yet.

Edited by Alderriz