Multiplayer free Wii U version of Arkham Origins costs $10 less

Lady Lilith

ku-bigpic.png

The Wii U version of October 25's Batman Arkham Origins will sell for $50, compared to $60 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, a rep for the game's publisher has confirmed to Kotaku. 

RELATED
k-small.jpg
Wii U Arkham OriginsWon't Have Multiplayer, But Will It Cost Less?

Holy smaller video game, Batman! Warner Bros. has confirmed that the newly-revealed multiplayer modes for Batman: Arkham Origins won't be… Read…

The Wii U version of the game will include the same open-world single-player campaign made by Warner Brothers Montreal as the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. It won't have the online mulitplayer mode developed by Splash Damage. While it's still unclear why the Wii U didn't get that, it does seem that publisher WBIE is at least presenting Nintendo console owners a game priced to reflect that omission. P

Amazon had already cut the price of the Wii U version to $50 last month. GameStop still lists it at $60. Update those records, GameStop!

ku-xlarge.jpg

One intriguing aspect of Arkham Origins on Wii U is that the Montreal studio behind this new game also handled last year's Wii U port of Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham City. Dev teams tend to get more out of hardware a second time around, so there's a chance—cross fingers—that Origins' single-player on Wii U will get more out of the Wii U than many other games on the young system.

Sounds perfect for me, since I abhor competitive multiplayer, and thus 90% of all online modes.  Always someone cheating to win or something.  That and I don't care about if some random guy is better than me.  

That's a shame. The multiplayer looks like a pretty good time waster in this game, certainly worth more than $10 to me personally. At least Wii U owners will be getting a single player on par with PS3/360 which is something I doubt will happen when the PS4/Xbone release. 

Parker