Full Scale Musical - easy method

tak_106

Good guide for this game, but there is an improved, fast method for the Full Scale Musical trophy.  The guide uses the Giant Piano Keyboard brick build to get the trophy, but the blueprint for this build is randomly dropped from chests, and I didn't get it until I had passed about 45 hours in the game.  You don't need this brick build, and instead can build your own keyboard.

Only requires that you have the Landscape Tool (received in the Tutorial) and that you have visited the Dessert Desert biome for the first time.  You will use the Landscape Tool to make blocks, and the Dessert Desert biome will give you the specific musical note paints to color the blocks.

Here's what to do:

- Select the Landscape Tool, then the Add/Remove subtool. (You probably use this mostly in Remove mode to punch holes in things.)

- With the tool active, press Triangle to access the paint colors for the Add/Remove tool.

- If you have visited the Dessert Desert biome, you have unlocked the musical note paints.  Scroll down in the paint list to choose the first note paint.  They are way down in the list, and are all called "Note 1, Octave 1" or something similar.  Their actual colors are white and black, like piano keys.

- Set the first block.  You will want to make a long row of blocks, like a sidewalk.  Pick a flat area, or do like I did, and make a jetty out over a body of water.  The block size is not critical, but I made them about twice the size of the minifigure.  You will need to run over all blocks in 10 seconds, so they can't be too big, but you need to step on each block, so they can't be too small.

- After setting the first block, press Triangle again to get the paint menu, and select the next note paint.  Set the second block next to the first.

- Repeat this until you have blocks in every note paint.  There are two full octaves, a total of 24 blocks you need to set.

- Now walk along your block sidewalk.  Each block will sound a different note, and if you hit all 24 in 10 seconds (easy), the trophy will pop.

That's it, takes about 5 minutes or less.  No Giant Piano brick build, no use of the paint tool, no use of the piano gun (also a random drop).  Only needs the Landscape Tool and the Dessert Desert biome unlock.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 7:21 AM, HuntingFever said:

I'm clearly missing something here, because I've spent literal hours trying to get this trophy via the OP's method but the trophy refuses to pop :(.

Sorry to hear that.  I don't know how to help you troubleshoot, as this method just worked for me.

Key points?

- There are 24 notes, make sure that they are all different and all represented.

- A note should audibly sound as you step on each block.

- There is a 10 second limit, so the blocks can't be gigantic (you won't make it in time) nor too small (it's possible to step right over a small block without sounding the note).

It is possible there is some strange bug tied to whatever character you're using.  Maybe change characters, or try restarting the game?  

7 hours ago, tak_106 said:

Sorry to hear that.  I don't know how to help you troubleshoot, as this method just worked for me.

Key points?

- There are 24 notes, make sure that they are all different and all represented.

- A note should audibly sound as you step on each block.

- There is a 10 second limit, so the blocks can't be gigantic (you won't make it in time) nor too small (it's possible to step right over a small block without sounding the note).

It is possible there is some strange bug tied to whatever character you're using.  Maybe change characters, or try restarting the game?  

I've tried all of those and nothing works :(. Do you have a screenshot handy of your setup so I can compare it with mine?

EDIT: Never mind, the first chest I opened, had the giant piano keyboard in it and that popped the trophy :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 1 year later...